We recently had the opportunity to stay for six nights at the Hyatt Regency in Ft Lauderdale. The property is in a lovely location, with huge grounds and a wonderful swimming pool area. The swimming pool is actually three pools in all - and a small heated spa. There's more than enough room for families as well as people looking for a quiet place to read or relax.
Our room was located in the rear of the hotel property, overlooking one of the canals that lead to the main boat basin. While the tower of the hotel was attractive, our room had a small patio that was steps from the lawn and canal. Perfect for morning coffee!
There's a walkway alongside the canal rooms that leads to the many docks and to the Pelican Landing (where the Water Taxi stops) area of the hotel. The boats moored there are simply amazing; literally millions of dollars of boats from all sizes are next to the hotel. It's a lovely walk even if it is slightly surreal when you think of the value around you.
While it's possible to walk to several restaurants that are nearby, it's easier to have a car available. It's a short drive to Las Olas and to the beach -- easy to get around. All in all, a terrific hotel for anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-6
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Fort Lauderdale
- Hyatt Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, a South Florida landmark resort in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, is a 22-acre tropical retreat featuring a world-class marina; Spa 66, the signature health and beauty spa; and a full-service Aquatic Center. A refreshed classic, the resort boasts a new contemporary lounge and function space, along with 384 spacious guestrooms and suites, a spectacular three-pool oasis, and five dining outlets offering everything from incredible waterfront views to innovative, fine dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.