“Great location for a pre-cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #50 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Dublin, Ireland
“Great location for a pre-cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed one night pre-cruise and the location is very good.
The staff in the bar and breakfast buffet were very friendly (much more so that those at the check in desk). I personally thought that the beds were too high for an ADA room (but once I got in, I found the bed very comfortable)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

1,967 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel was very up scale. the service was beyond what I expected. The staff couldn't do enough for you. Everyone was pleasant and tried to make our stay enjoyable. There was nothing that I could find that they could do better

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Windsor, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I chose the Hyatt Pier 66 for it's location, close to the airport, close to Port Everglades and not far from the beach.
We were pleasantly surprised when we checked into the Hyatt to find we’d been upgraded to a 13th floor room, overlooking Port Everglades. The port was very busy for the Holiday weekend and we really enjoyed watching the and ocean. It was a bit cool but we had a quick swim and then enjoyed the large cruise ships come and go. I especially enjoyed watching the lit up ships coming in to port before dawn. Our room #1368 also had a good view of the hotel grounds, city and , hot tub area. The room was spotless and a good size.

Dinner at the hotel in The Lounge was good. I had grouper and roasted beet and orange salad my husband had crab and corn chowder and scallops. Then back to the hot tub and coffee in our room. With the full moon and cruise ships I think we had the best view in town!

The following day-SUN DEC 30th-After a nice brunch at the hotel we boarded the water taxi which was a short walk away at the pier (behind the Pelican Landing Restaurant). We thought it was a great deal-hop on and off and ride all day for $20. We had a great guide and driver, who were full of information about what we were seeing, enhanced with hilarious stories. Lots of Christmas decorations added to the trip. We spent some time in the hot tub, and then went back on the water-taxi to enjoy the Christmas lights after dinner at Pelican Landing.

We loved the pool area but found it a bit cool to swim. We made good use of the large hot tub and appreciated that it was open 24 hours.

All staff were pleasant and helpfull. We especially appreciated the effort of the hotel to locate some jewellery of mine that I was unable to locate once on the cruise ship. The jewellery was located my me in the lining of my purse. I felt so bad to have questioned them but they made me feel it was OK. We will stay at the Hyatt anytinme are in Fort Lauderdalye and highly reccommend it.

Room Tip: Tower Rooms overlooking Port Everglades are worth every penny.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Savage, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here before our last cruise and were kind of disappointed in the room, for the price that you pay to stay here the room was no where near what I was expecting. The bed was comfortable, but a lot of hotels have comfortable beds. The grounds were lovely and it was nice that they have a water taxi available not to far from the hotel. Overall, I would not stay here again because it's not a good value for my dollar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I spent a long weekend at this hotel with some friends and we had a great time. The staff was very responsive to our every need; the rooms were clean and the beds were wonderful. I would definitely go back to this hotel. Love the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GMPier66, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your wonderful remarks, and we were glad to hear that you and your friends had a great weekend. We look forward to welcoming you back if your travels bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com
Urbana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here pre-cruise. Great location, great staff, comfortable beds, clean rooms! The staff was extremely helpful, especially William at the front desk and Bell Man Bobby. The hotel is very close to the airport and Port Everglades. Highly recommend!!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time from your busy schedule to share you experience with not only the property, but also those folks with TripAdvisor. We were thrilled to hear that both Michael at the front desk, and Bobby with the bell staff exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you stay with us once again if your travels bring you back to the Fort Lauderdale area.

All the best,

Glenn Spanier
Hyatt Regency Pier 66
glenn.spanier@hyatt.com
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 day business trip and while the grounds and pool areas are nice the rooms are not up to a standard expected for the cost.
I stayed in the East Lanai building and was disappointed with the fact the shower and bathroom were not nice. Half of the water of the already minimal water coming out of the shower sprayed on the wall. The room overall had a old musty smell and the patio door did not work very well. Again, these are things that should not be at a Hyatt Regency property.
Housekeeping was adequate but the room was not cleaned as well as it could be.
If I scored this place on a low ball Priceline bid it would probably be ok but if you are paying full price I would go elsewhere.

Stayed January 2013

Been to Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six? Share your experiences!