I stayed at the PP last year at the same time when it was under different management. I have no complaints towards the new management. They were personable and polite. It is, however, time for the new management company to invest some real money into this resort and update it.
My room's tub clogged every time I showered which ended up with me standing in ankle-deep dirty water. This, in turn, led to dirt stains on the bottom of the tub, which were never cleaned during my whole 5-night stay! I think the cleaning staff came in the room and cleaned the bare minimum each day and one day they didn't even clean my room or restock my breakfast basket! :( Another day, they didn't re-supply my towels.
The water coming out of the faucets was also brown. Not sure why and I did drink with no sickness so...
The grounds are pretty nice and serene and I found most of the other guests polite. I pretty much kept to myself and fortunately met a cool guy at the beach who I spent most of my time with so barely mingled with the other guests but a few times.
TVs are old clunkers and room furnishings are very dated. I think some guys probably like the "charm" that this denotes, and I do too, but it is time to get into the 21st century!
Towels and bed linens were very clean. Breakfast was OK, the best they could doo under the Health Dept restrictions.
Granted I knew what I was getting into when I booked the reservation so I take everything in stride. I am pretty easy going so didn't complain about the issues in my room. I chose PP because of price and proximity to the beach and you get what you pay for basically. Next year I will most likely stay at the Royal Palms, another resort owned by the same company and a little more modern with younger clientele.
Mostly older men stay here so if you are younger, you probably won;'t like it here.
All in all, my trip to PP was satisfactory.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Plaza Gay Male Hotel
- Palm Plaza Gay Male Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Exclusive all gay male resort. Tropical, casual, relaxed. Clean, comfortable rooms. Grand Palm Plaza blends the best elements of guesthouse services with sincere, friendly staff to offer a gay haven. Ideally located, just steps to the Fort Lauderdale beaches with magnificent views of the intra-coastal on a quiet street. Simply beautiful gardens, Clothing optional heated pool, our on site fitness room and a new high speed WiFi system come together to assure that you always have something to do. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Grand Palm Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.