“Just tooooo many excuses!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Palm Plaza

Save Saved
You added Grand Palm Plaza to your Saves list
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just tooooo many excuses!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This was booked for months, but NO mention until the day of arrival that the pool was closed, and that there was recent change of ownership. The public spaces were filthy, looked like nothing had been cleaned for a long time. Manager, was friendly but made excuses for everything, and the staff was ridiculous, as in lazy and did not follow up to do as they said the would. Will never return to this hole.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GrandPalmPlaza, General Manager at Grand Palm Plaza, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am very sorry that your experience with us in October was not a pleasant stay. We did try our best at the time to accomodate you with the challenges that faced our property. Unexpected pool repairs were needed immediately and we could not notify guests in time.

In October 2012, we became a part of The North Beach Village Group, owners of mutliple resorts in the area. We work closely with our new company to provide excellent customer service and provide unsatified guests other lodging options when occurrances like this happen. Every day we are making improvements such as new linen and food services to housekeeping staff and property maintanence.

I do not make excuses for our mistakes, but provide factual information to the best of my knowledge. Each day is a learning experience and I sincerly hope you consider staying with us again in the future.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,
Edward, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Berkley, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I was hesitant to book at Palm Plaza because the prices were lower than others within the same area and I only has pictures to guide me. It was the best vacation decision I made. The staff was welcoming, informative and very interested to please. The other guests became friends. Half the rooms are awesome, the other half is needing some minor upgrades. The grounds are private and in a great location. I'm hesitant to write this because I'm afraid Fort Lauderdale's best kept secret might get out. But I would like others to be able to make the same memories I did. I booked another week before I left.

NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a friendly, laid-back, relatively inexpensive place that feels out of the way but is just a few blocks west of the beach and a few blocks north of the gay stretch of sand south of San Sebastian. It's clothing-optional by the pool, which is open all day and night. The staff is very helpful and nice, and the rooms are clean. Parking is convenient. There's a tiny gym on site, and Palm Plaza guests can use the nearby Royal Palm's new gym and spa for free. Just a few caveats: the housekeeping staff seemed confused about how many—if any—people were staying in our room each day, the bed we had was much firmer than I'd like, and the facility is a bit worn around the edges. (It was recently bought by new owners, so it will probably get a few needed improvements soon.) This was our second stay, and I will happily return for another relaxing visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

It was a nice and cosy place to stay at, not far from the beach, and the people are always friendly and helpful. They will always try to please you if there is something they can do. Also, you get some nice privacy, on top of the nice rooms and I had a rain shower!

Room Tip: Basic rooms are quite good!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a great time here. We loved the pool. Very quiet and the guests where nice. The staff was very helpful. This was the first time here and planing on going back. We rented a car and had no problem for parking. Keep up the good work.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I planned to spend a week to relax in Fort Lauderdale and I succeeded thanks to Edward and the staff of that resort who were caring about everything. Real beautiful oasis, garden and the pool was nice and clean as was my room. And since it,s really important for my bad back, the bed and matress were firm! For sure I'm planning going back there hopefully next Spring.

clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Having been a guest here nine times we call this resort home. Steve and Ron will always have a special place in our hearts. Our visit this time was a comedy of errors. The pool was closed our first seven days thanks to Broward County and the change of ownership. When the pool was reopened it was beautiful and very clean, unfortunately the hurricane was now furnishing us with sustained winds in the 30 to 40 category and the north end of A 1 A was closed causing long drives to be with our friends and have dinner. That said Edward was excellent and really made us welcome.The plans to connect the two properties sound excellent and if done without killing the ambiance of the Palm it can become even better than before. I would urge the new owners to continue to offer an affordable place for poor old drama free people like me to come and make wonderful friends as we have in the past. This is not a wild party location and we have enjoyed people comfortable in their own skins from all over the world. We have lasting friendships here and many of us meet several times a year to be together and enjoy the Palm. Many thing need fixing and replacing and new ownership has really indicated that they are doing that. The old girl was getting run down and needs some work as all of us do inn old age. We love the Palm and the new staff listens and are very attentive. Congratulations Michael you will be a great asset to Edward and we love you both. Keep up the good work and please owners don't change the Palms ambiance and its wwonderful mix of people.

Room Tip: Quiet restful place to get away from it all. Love the suites as great for having friends in to visit...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Grand Palm Plaza? Share your experiences!