“Perfect Oasis in an Ideal Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alhambra Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Alhambra Beach Resort
You added Alhambra Beach Resort to your Saves list
3021 Alhambra Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #1 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Chicago Illinois
“Perfect Oasis in an Ideal Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

When we booked this getaway 6 months ago, we had no idea how much we'd need a break from serious parent illnesses, hard winters, and teenagers. This resort provided a wonderful retreat. Sure, we had the perfect #5 room- and it was worth every penny. The place was busy enough we couldn't find a good time to peek in the other rooms, but we know they were smaller and less expensive. However, the grounds were beautifully landscaped, the pool a great respite from the ocean, and details like fresh towels, beach umbrellas and chairs, and borrowing books made it lovely. The breakfast was very nice and offered an opportunity to get to know others, or just load up and go back to your room or private table. For a 48 hour trip without a car, we were able to access great restaurants, a great beach, the water taxi, and nightlife without walking more than one or two short blocks. Typically, I'm a beach snob and if I can't stay ON the beach, it ain't worth it. However, this resort changed my mind. It was safe, easy, super clean, and charmingly beautiful. The owners also went out of their way to welcome my husband and I, and made sure we had everything we needed. Thanks, Matt, we needed that!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. Not only is it clean, very pretty and comfortable, in a superb location for Fort Lauderdale beach. It is also run by people that do everything they can to make your stay as good as possible. They encouraged me to take chairs, towels, umbrellas to the beach, to save me the cost of hiring them there. Local calls from the room are free, and when I needed to call my bank in the UK urgently, Matt the co-owner let me use his cell for free. And after I checked out, they gave me a key to use the pool and towels and internet, for the rest of the day until my flight home. It's also a sociable place, with a great breakfast laid on every morning. I had a great few days. Matt, Ray and Ernesto, thank you very much.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2010

My wife and I stayed there in mid-March for a few days. It is affordable, very clean, and Matt, Ernesto and staff do a super job looking after the Hotel and their guests. We found them to be so helpful. The place is small and while some of the rooms have not yet been updated, they are comfortable and very clean. The location is excellent - just a two minute stroll, or less, to lovely Fort Lauderdale Beach - on the doorstep of numerous restaurants and bars, etc., walking distance to a shopping mall. It has a lovely pool and patio area, very clean and well maintained, of course. It has off street parking, although it is such a good location, you can walk to most places. It is a great place for people taking a cruise and needing a nice, friendly, affordable and convenient place to stay for a few days before or after, as it is only a short distance from the airport and the cruise port. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Queensbury, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010

I reserved this hotel after seeing its #1 status on Tripadvisor. First, Matt and Earnesto are very personable hosts. They greet you when you walk in and show you around. The hotel and unit were very clean. The loaction is great- less than 1 block from the beach, and steps from a great restaurant with great food (Casa Blanca) (I checked g8 restaurant cause steps away). Also, the shower had high water pressure which is nice. The pool area is beautiful. The only negatives were room size (I was in #8), and feeling of privacy. The door and windows are close to the bed, and although there are blinds and curtains they can be a little loose. Also, If people were sitting outside closeby on the patio, they might hear in a room. Its not luxurious, nor are the rooms spacious, but clean and safe in a great location for people on a budget..

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

My partner and I recently spent a long weekend at the Alhambra and had a great time. Matt made arrangements for our late (10:00 p.m.) arrival, which made it easy for us to get settled. He and Ernesto clearly take great pride in the property and it shows at every turn. Our room - #9 - had a great beach view from the bed! Great mattress, great pillows, great water pressure in the shower - all of which have not always been the case at much higher end resorts where I've stayed. Free parking, free wifi - and it is half a block to Sebastian Beach! This really feels like home away from home and I look forward to returning with friends to a two bedroom unit - which is huge!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

The owners and operators of this small beach access hotel really know how to make each and every guest feel comfortable and relaxed. With its small foot-print, private pool, steps to the beach location, and much more. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Alhambra Beach Resort for 4 nights at the beginning of April. Matt and Ernesto were excellent hosts. Very helpful with anything we asked. The resort itself is within walking distance to restaurants, beach and the water taxi service. There are beach chairs and umbrellas available for the guests to take to the beach. We also enjoyed just relaxing back at the resort as it was quiet and the pool refreshing after spending a day at the beach. The other guests we met were all very nice people which added to the enjoyment of the stay. We would definitely stay here again the next time we visit Ft Lauderdale

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple