“Does not disappoint” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alhambra Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort Lauderdale
Alhambra Beach Resort
You added Alhambra Beach Resort to your Saves list
3021 Alhambra Street, Fort Lauderdale, FL (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #1 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Saskatoon, Canada
“Does not disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked a one night stay at the Alhambra Beach Resort after a cruise. I booked based on the advice in Tripadvisor.ca. It certainly did not disappoint me, and all the reviews are correct! I arrived too early to go to room 11, at about 10 am in the morning. The owners kept my heavy suitcase in the office and took it upstairs to my room for me while I spent the day sightseeing in Ft. Lauderdale! They also offered me breakfast before I left.
When it was time to check out the next day, they brought my suitcases back down for me. What a delightful place and helpful staff and owners. I will definitely plan to stay here again if I return to the area for another cruise, and will recommend it. I have to add that it is one block from the lovely beach and for boarding the $2 all day bus and the water taxi can be caught nearby. It is close to the Port Everglades cruise terminal and to the airport (about 15 minutes away each). You start the day with a generous continental breakfast.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be good. I had room 11 which has cooking facilities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We only stayed at Alhambra for one night, however, enjoyed our short stay and hope to stay again for longer in the future. We were in room 2, which I think is the cheapest room, located around back on the first floor. The room was small, however, had nice décor, flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, private porch, and was clean. The only negative that I can think of was the pedestal sink in the bathroom. For one night is was fine, however, If I was staying longer, I would want some counter space.

The hotel pool and grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The staff is very nice and attentive to all your needs.

Breakfast was, also, very good . . . muffins, bagels, OJ, coffee, etc.

I would, definitely, stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We are well traveled and like to stay in the best places and this place is defo the best. We arrived early after a cruise and the guys took our bags and showed us to the breakfast table they were so welcoming. Our room was really clean had everything we needed. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for us. Great location just beside the beach and just a short stroll to lovely bars and places to eat. It is the perfect place, ticks all the boxes.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Great location, great room, great and helpful staff who couldn't do enough for us. Everything about this place was wonderful; it is what every small hotel should be. Can't wait to go back. The other Trp Advisor reviews were totally accurate; Alhambra is a gem!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

We'd have to agree with other reviewers although we only stayed one night, We would have loved to have stayed longer. Great location and the people were great. We arrived about 9:30 AM, obviously way too early to check in, but they allowed us to leave our bags (from a cruise, so they were heavy!) and even moved them up the stairs to our room.

Next time we're in the area, we'll allow a couple extra days to hang out. Cool geckos with funny curly tails around the pool. Great fun!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just returned from two weeks in Florida, spent 3 nights in Fort Lauderdale at the Alhambra, the staff were great, very helpful, we stayed in Room 5 because we had seen some good reviews on TripAdvisor, it did not disappoint. It was spacious, well equipped and comfortable, (note for any one planning to stop in the future, Matt the owner and his staff moved an even larger flat screen TV in the room, just before we left)

Room Tip: We would always choose room 5 after our experience there!!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Woodhaven, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed for 5 days at the Alhambra Resort for our anniversary. We usually stay in a large hotel like a Hilton or Sheraton, but not anymore. We couldn't get over how nice and clean the hotel was. And the staff was absolutely FABULOUS! We pulled up, Matt (the owner) came out and got our luggage. The staff went so out of their way to make us feel welcome. It is close to the beach and they provide chairs and umbrellas. We literally walked out our door, walked less than 1 minute and were on the beach. Breakfast was great. The hotel was right in the middle of everything. We hardly used our car. And parking was free which it never was at larger hotels. We will not be booking rooms at any hotel other than The Alhambra from now on!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 9. Perfect size for 2 people with full kitchen.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Alhambra Beach Resort? Share your experiences!