“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale

You added The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Windsor, Canada
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I just came back from a 4-night stay at the Westin Beach Resort and can't wait to go back!! Everything from the staff, service, amenities and location and was EXCEPTIONAL!! I received a room upgrade to oceanfront view at check-in and the view was amazing! The rooms are furnished with a very mondern look and the beds are truly incredible. The bed was the most comfortable I've ever experienced in a hotel and I am an experienced traveler. Also, the maid service was incredible. The maid was very friendly and anything I wanted, ie. extra towels, was brought to the room within minutes. The pool area was very nice!! It has a heated pool, plenty of sun chairs, a poolside bar and dining area, as well as a walkway connecting the pool area to the beach... very convenient!! The location is also great with many restaurants with outdoor patios within walking distance just a few minutes away. The concierge staff was incredible!!! They are extremely knowledgeable and friendly. One concierge in particular, Jorge, was exceptional. It was apparent how much he enjoyed his job and his hospitality is truly second to none. His recommendations for entertainment and restaurants were greatly appreciated!!! He definitely made the stay at the Westin as enjoyable as possible. All-in-all, I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will definitely return to this hotel next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed November 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

I was here for a wedding over the weekend and the food was terrible. The Westin should be ashamed about the product they put out. Over 100 people ordered fish that essentially went untouched. The other 200 ordered a dry and tasteless chicken. I took one bite of the fish and it was terrible. I tried another bite hoping it was better, it wasn't. IThat's all I could handle and I am far from a picky eater. Literrally the worst meal I've ever had anywhere.

Other than Stephanie, the staff was not aware of anyone's needs include wine, water, etc. Our waiter spilled champaign on the person next to me and handed her a napkin th no apologies. Stephanie was great but the rest of the staff were not up to par considering the type of hotel it is.

Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

I never, ever write reviews but after my stay here I just had to give it many props.
Went down on a Thursday night for the Dolphins/Bears game and stayed until Sunday. EXCELLENT STAY!!! I couldn't be happier with this hotel, staff, facilities, etc.
I booked a low end room and at check-in pulled the old sandwich trick (I used a $50 bill in between my license and credit card) and get myself upgraded to a higher floor and oceanview room.
The staff was pleasant and always there to help. Room was clean, housekeeping was great, view was great, hotel was great. For the price it is a very luxurious hotel. I just can't say enough about this hotel. Don't be fooled by the negative comments some people make on here. I honestly have no idea how you could rate this hotel anything but excellent. Not to mention the smell in this place is amazing. If there is any downside it is that there is ONLY valet parking and that is $25 a day. In the grand scheme of things not a big deal since many hotel in this location operate the same way.
I would go back to this hotel in a heartbeat. As a matter of fact, if I'm in the area again this is the only hotel I will stay at.
Thank you for a great experience Westin!

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

First thing....utterly chaotic valet parking, check-in was swift, requested high floor, quiet room & allocated 7th (mid-floor) next to a staff service door. Very narrow room on the side with no view. Very, very noisy, from doors constantly slamming, air conditioning duct outside on lower roof, stomping from upstairs. Absurd louvered doors to the side of the bathroom ( who on earth thought those up ) Valet parking $26.50 and charges for internet. Didn't enjoy the stay and will not return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

We stayed on Starwood points for free for a relaxing weekend. We enjoyed the stay and the hotel. Everyone is right about the bathroom doors. Very strange. We were upgraded to an ocean fromt room and you could open the doors and the whole room was like a balcony. Fort Lauderdale strip was not as nice as I imagined. We always felt safe but it was a bit seedy. The concierge was somewhat unfriedly and not very helpful. The people at the pool and beach were nice.

Overall nice but I may have been a bit underwelmed if I was paying.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2010

I just took my 3RD trip to Ft. Lauderdale and once again, I stayed at the Westin. The location of this hotel is PERFECTION. You do not even need a rental car. You can walk to restaurants, bars and clubs. All staff I encountered were very friendly and quite helpful. At the pool bar, my friends and I were treated like VIP's. The bartender, Michele LaCroix, made the trip for us. Her upbeat attitude and comical demeanor kept us laughing daily(her sarcasm was just as good). If you stay at this hotel, I highly recommend that you seek her out. She made the trip that much more enjoyable. I still feel the food prices are a bit high at Shula's Steakhouse, but like I said, the location is everything.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Rutherford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

I visit fort lauderdale once every three months this is my first time at this hotel.The hotel was wonderful, the staff, the pool the vibe, but i will not return because the bathrooms have a louvered door and louvered window right next to the bed. I myself don't like to hear or smell my partner in the restroom wnen i am watching tv in bed.So if you go remenber be prepared for the louvers in the bathroom !!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
sinceresfbh, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear NewJerseyScottieG: Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel and staff; however we apologize that the bathroom was not the experience you had envisioned. We have received other guest comments about the functionality of the bathroom shutters and rest assured this has been communicated to our Engineering team. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to invite you back to our property in the near future!

Been to The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!