“Romantic stay-cation in Fort Lauderdale” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale

You added The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
MrsJohnson30
“Romantic stay-cation in Fort Lauderdale”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2009

We decided to take some time for ourselves and picked the Westin Beach Resort as our Stay-cation location. We had a really romantic time, and the concierge, Jorge Hernandez, really went out of his way to make sure everything my husband wanted to do for us was taken care of. The Hotel was very quaint, and Jorge made it seem like we were VIP all the way. I must say the service we received was top of the line and we are looking forward to a repeat trip soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

I am a solo female buiness traveler and stayed for three nights to Ft Lauderdale after finding a web special rate for this hotel on the beach that I couldn't pass!

Check out the www.starwood.com site for special offers and web rates - membership is free.

The room was beach front with an awesome ocean view! Stop by the concierge desk, and ask for Otto if you want expert advise on restaurants, or need any suggestions about the area (say hello). Otto recommended the Casablanca Cafe (walking distance) for dinner, and the piano bar was fun!

The room was heavenly! This is a AAA four diamond property.
I especially enjoyed my time poolside - with the cabana boy bringing lunch and iced tea!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2009

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and it was fantastic! Our oceanfront room had an amazing view, the room decor was stylish, the linens were crisp and the beds were soft and comfy. The lobby, pool area, and restaurants were clean and fragrant, and the overall atmosphere is relaxing, soothing and spa-like. The staff was friendly and helpful without exception. I look forward to returning soon!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

First trip to the USA, so first time to Ft Lauderdale. Was on holiday with my cousin who had travelled from Toronto. I had the greatest time! Thank you to all the staff who made it a very enjoyable and memorable stay. A special mention to Michelle at the pool. She was friendly, polite, obliging, and always smiling! Also, the waiters at breakfast were friendly and helpful. The beach is great. Very clean. In fact I can't find fault with anything, not the hotel nor Ft Lauderdale! The Galleria was great for shopping, it includes a Macey's! Thank you to everyone who made my holiday a very enjoyable experience!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2009

Spent 4 days/3 nights. Check in was a breeze. This recently reopened - was a Sheraton prior. Completely renovated. Room was excellant. We had ocean front. Heavenly bed and pillows make a difference. Everything done over. Bathroom had walk in shower which we loved. The staff was wonderful. We enjoyed Shula's for breakfast and restaurant at pool. Best part of trip was using their concierge service, especially Jorge. No matter what we were looking for, restaurants, directions, where to go, etc., he had all the info. I normally would walk by the concierge desk, but he saw me looking confused and asked if he could help. He was so helpful, not only with hotel, but also of area and attractions. He was a godsend to us. We canot wait to go back.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
North Wildwood, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We just came back from a 4 day stay (9/10 - 9/13) at the newly renovated Westin. I've often stayed here when it was the Sherator Yankee Trader and loved the place then, although you knew it was time for the property to be updated and refreshed. Westin certainly did that. The rooms are very nice and while I can understand some people not liking the bathroom set up - it didn't bother us, as a matter of fact it made the room more open and stylish. Being a Starwood member we always had nice rooms here. This time we wanted an intercoastal room but when we checked in we were "upgraded" to a partial oceanview. It was on the top floor and I thought it would be nice --- the room was great, the view wasn't - it was overlooking the construction going on in the North Tower of the hotel. The partial oceanview was not visable unless you stood in the corner of the room and look down the street. We called the front desk and asked to be moved to the intercoastal room that I originally booked. The weekend we were there, they were re-opening the other tower, the clerk asked if we could stay in our current room for the night and they would move us the next day. We were fine with that (we were staying 3 nights) -- the next day, they moved us over and I believe we were the first folks in our new room --- full oceanfront (upgraded by front desk) with a late check out on Sunday. The restaurant is great, always was (Shula's) although a little pricey for breakfast (go down the street to The Deck and get a nice reasonable breakfast) - the staff in Shula's are perfection! The pool is wonderful, the pool bar and restaurant are absolutely terrific, the staff makes your stay excellent. Everyone, and I mean everyone that you see or speak with are tops in customer service. No one passes you without saying good morning or acknowledging you. They are top notch from top to bottom. My suggestions would be to put a full length mirror in the room. They also have no ice machines or soda machines anywhere in the hotel. They encourage you to use the mini bar but some drinks are good with ice so it would be a nice addition. The gift shop wasn't open yet so maybe they will be selling soft drinks and possibly sandwiches/salads like they had before. Other than that, I loved the decor, its tasteful and soothing, the flat screen TV's, and the furnishings. Good job Westin!!! You made our favorite place even better. Kudoos to the staff as well - they can make or break your trip and they definitely made ours!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Fairfield, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

While visiting the inlaws in South Florida, we took a couple days to ourselves and headed down to Fort Lauderdale for some beach and pool time. We looked into all the hotels on the beach and decided to book at the Westin Beach Resort. I had initial concerns when reading about the hotel since I think it was recently refurbished from an old Sheraton, but there was NO evidence of that to me, everything was sparkling and new for the most part. For all I knew this had always been a Westin, if I hadn't read reviews beforehand I would not have known. Check in was a breeze and we received the ocean view room we requested - would have liked a higher floor but all floors have a beautiful view of the ocean from the front-facing rooms. The windows are floor-to-ceiling and the center is a sliding door that opens all the way, creating a "juliet balcony", i believe it's called. A screen would have been nice so we could feel comfortable leaving it open as the ocean breeze was amazing, but we were nervous about bugs flying in, although we saw none, even when at the pool. Speaking of the pool, it was very pleasant, and I am not a pool person usually. There is a pool side cafe and bar, we had lunch there and it was quite good. there was an abundance of chairs, but we were there mid-week "off season" so that explains why. A "sky walk" leads you over A1A right onto the beach, where a Westin guard stands by and makes sure you are a hotel guest before you get too comfy in your free chaise lounges on the beach. We appreciated that extra care and felt like this was our little private beach area as Westin guests, even though the beach itself is public (and beautiful by the way!).

Getting back to the room, it was very modern and comfortable. Great flat screen TV, comfortable "heavenly" bed, nice bathroom, inviting chaise chair near the window, etc. Would have liked a mini fridge in the room but otherwise no complaints besides a few fit and finish issues - loose toilet seat, chipped/smudged paint here and there, carpeting had lots of fringe at the door threshhold...otherwise perfect.

The staff was exceedingly friendly which we were impressed by- staffers greeted us in the hall every time we passed, front desk was very helpful, valets and pool staff were friendly, as was bell desk, etc. Parking is $25 a day but you can take your car in/out as much as you want. We did not eat at Shula's but I have been to the Chicago location and if it's anything like that, you're in for a treat.

All in all we would return to this hotel without any hesitation at all, we loved it!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!