“helpful front desk staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale

Save Saved
You added The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“helpful front desk staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

i stay in hotel over 120 nights per year and it is rare that the front desk staff leaves a lasting memory with me. when i checked in the hotel was extremely busy for spring break and near 100% capacity. Despite that, front desk representative, Aikeen Grant made sure tho greet me with a smile, he gave me a comprehensive overview of the property and it amenities and he made sure i got the room i reserved. Kudos to Aikeen and the front desk staff for a good start to my stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear john s: Thank you for writing such a great review! We appreciate your feedback on our staff service because your satisfaction is our highest priority. We can't wait to see you again soon!

1,640 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Arabic first
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I just wanted to give a commendation to two of your employees for making our stay at your hotel Fabulous.
Micheal Marshall, bell hop, took the extra step of collecting our luggage and making sure they were delivered to our rooms immediately after receiving our room locations. We had 14 people in our party and he managed to get the luggage to the right people with such a positive attitude. He also told us about the Hotel and where we could get food and answered all of our request.
The other employee is Esau Thompson-at the front desk. He expedited our check in and made us feel extremely comfortable while we waited for rooms to become available. He also was extremely professional and courteous to 14 hungry grouchy people. I commend them both for making our stay enjoyable and without any doubt I would choose your hotel for my next stay in Fort Lauderdale. Thanks again...Joanne Richardson

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Joanne R: Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us! We couldn't be happier to hear that you were very pleased with our customer service. Thank you again for your praise, as we are thankful for your patronage. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Deptford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I just had to take a moment to say what a wonderful time we had at the Westin this past weekend. My parents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary and due to declining health we brought them for a long weekend 2 months early. There were 6 of us ranging in age from 16-80 yrs old. Everyone had a wonderful time and the staff was absolutely wonderful to all. The restaurants were great, location perfect, rooms clean and spacious, pool awesome......could not ask for more-

I want to name a few employees that went above and beyond to make our stay extra special. Christopher Storme- your kindness and assistance will not be forgotten. We really appreciated everything you did for us and helped us with. You made the trip extra special. Esau Thompson your compassion and assistance with my father was greatly appreciated.

I would highly recommend this location and thank the entire staff for a wonderful stay and great memories for our family!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear laurie p: Thank you for sharing your vacation memories with us! We couldn’t be happier to hear that you loved your experience from check-in to check out. It sounds as though you loved our staff just as much as we do! We can’t wait to have you back for another memorable stay here at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Second stay here, loved it during first stay in 2010 (see my review from June 7, 2010). This time I enjoyed the stay but a couple of little things irked me. Before I name the bad let me reiterate the good. The Westin folks have done a great job rehab'ing the old Sheraton. They were dealt a tough hand and have made a good play. The staff is super friendly and helpful - from the valets, the the check-in, to the housekeepers to the wait staff at the bars and restaurants. The room is about average in size but they have organized things ingenuously to make the best of the space. Everyone seems to appreciate the Heavenly bed. The location right by the beach and within walking distance of restaurants and activities is great. Now a couple of things that didn't sit well: first, there is a thin metal door that provides a connection to the neighboring guest room. We heard a couple talking so loud it was like there were in the room with us. The husband/boyfriend also let out some moans which was either hysterical or horrifying depending on your perspective. I went over to the door to make sure the connecting door was shut tightly to minimize noise and the guy started screaming at us with rude remarks - to which I yelled back that I was just making sure the door was shut tightly. So this sort of set a bad tone for the night. Second issue: the air conditioner did a good job of blocking out some of the neighboring room noise and the street noise. BUT the air conditioner would not stay turned on. I tried moving it out of "auto" mode into fan mode, and tried high, medium and low settings and no matter what I did the system would cycle off after a few minutes. The temperature was right, but I really wanted the fan noise to block out the rude neighbor and the street noise. I swear in 2010 that it worked that way, but this this time it did not. Unfortunately energy saving features like this are becoming commonplace in hotels and they don't realize that some of us depend on the AC fan system as a silencer more than for temperature control. Other than these two little issues I really do like this hotel and solidly give it a 4 star review (I gave it 5 star in 2010).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear friendlyinsomniac: Thank you for sharing your insights with us. We apologize that your accommodations did not meet your expectations, or our high standards. Please know that your feedback is important to us, as we work to improve every guests experience. Thank you for also sharing the positives about your stay including our friendly and helpful staff. We hope that you'll visit us again and can assure you that your next stay will be better than the last.

F. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I love this hotel, and always have an enjoyable, relaxing experience. We were staying for one night and were able to get an early check in. The room was fresh and clean, and the bed (as expected) was perfect. We enjoyed the Spa facilities as well as the complimentary beach chairs. The food at the pool bar was delicious but the soda kept coming out flat. Turns out they pour their sodas from a pitcher, not sure why but it takes the carbonation away, no one likes a flat soda! Valet was quick and friendly and room service was good. (I love the super food smoothies, great way to start your day) All in all, I'll return and recommend this property.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear HotelInnsider: Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful 5-star review! We're so proud to have been a part of such a great vacation. We appreciate your feedback on our service because your satisfaction is our highest priority. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

We checked in yesterday, and we were greeted by Fatima. The five minutes that I interacted with her were very enjoyable. Prior to handling our check in, she was handling a customer that was very demanding. Fatima was very patient with the customer and was able to finally assist her. When it was my turn, Fatima was very apologetic to me for having to wait.

We checked into our room, and we were very happy with our ocean view room. The view was gorgeous, and the room was very clean and comfortable. For being an older hotel, it is well maintained. The plantation shutter door is the only thing that could be an issue if you are not secure or comfortable with the person sharing the room. We have been married for 35 years, so this was not an issue. The beds are Westin Heavenly.

The on site restaurants are good and are not your typical over-priced-no-name-attached-to-hotel restaurants. In fact, I wish we had ate at Shula's on our first night, instead of Lulu's Bait Shack.

I normally, don't write reviews, but I felt I needed to write one because of some of the persons that wrote recent reviews that were negative concerning the appearance of the hotel, and that the staff were rude, etc. I want everyone to know that I did not see it. I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Randy T: What a great review! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We couldn't be more excited to hear that your vacation was a great one and that our staff was accommodating. We hope you'll be back again very soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I recently stayed at the Westin for just one night with my mom to celebrate her birthday. Everything was just right. The location is very convenient to the beach and restaurants, but far enough away from the noisy strip to avoid the craziness. The property is clean and comfortable with a private beach. And last but not least, the service was outstanding. Akeem in particular made our stay comfortable and celebratory.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear debbief359: Thank you for sharing with us! We are so happy to hear about the wonderful experience that you had with our staff, as well as the memorable time spent with your Mother. We can't wait to see you again on your next visit!

Marketing Manager

Been to The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!