“It's ok, but needs some upkeep...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale

You added The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale to your Saves list
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   321 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (Central Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
4th Night Free & Credit
Ranked #34 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Richmond Hill, Canada
“It's ok, but needs some upkeep...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here post cruise for a night. The hotel was just ok. I wouldn't say it was up to the usual Westin Standard. The hotel needs a little but of upkeep. The walls in the room were concrete. They need a repaint and they are dirty and the paint is peeling off the walls. You can't see that from the hotel pictures.
Service was average as the concierge and front desk staff weren't the friendliest or helpful.
There are two towers, the south one has the pool, japanese restaurant and spa while the north one had the check-in desk. The south tower is closer to the CVS and outside of hotel restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
HotelMgmtFTL, Manager at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Dear dlee_15: Thank you for sharing your review. We appreciate all of our guest's comments, and we assure you that we are passing your thoughts along to management for future improvements.

Marketing Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

we have stayed here every year for the last 4 years and the customer service is outstanding especially stormin the doorman that greets you when you check in the rest of the staff is top notch if you have any needs they always make sure they can fulfill them.i will not stay anywhere else when I am visiting fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: I recommend the ocean front view on a higher floor level it is the best
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris M: Thank you for your review, and positive comments about our hotel staff. We're glad you enjoyed your time with us, and we hope to see you again soon!

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Lots to do in this location. The strip is near by, downtown Fort Lauderdale is a good spot for shopping and dinning. You can take a water taxi your which is great! The beach is great, out hotel was right in front if the beach which was convienant. The pool was nice, the towel boys, concierge, and all Westin staff in fact were very helpful and friendly. The hotel rooms were cute, and clean. We didn't have a balcony which was unfortunate but you can still open your window. We had partial ocean view which was beautiful. Overall great experience! Miami is close by which is great!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Mimi C: Thank you for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our resort. We couldn't be more excited to hear that your vacation was a great one and that our staff was accommodating. We hope you'll be back again very soon!

Shiloh, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I had the great pleasure of celebrating our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary at the Westin Beach Resort & Spa in Ft. Lauderdale last week. I am a frequent guest of multiple Westin Hotels in North America and typically enjoy a pleasant stay...so I was expecting a good experience at this location. However, I was not anticipating the joy each of the Westin team members have for their jobs and invest in their guests. Storm "the doorman" greeted us with kindness and once he determined we were celebrating a milestone anniversary took it upon himself to ensure that we had the experience of a lifetime! He checked on us daily and made it his goal to ensure that our celebration was never ending. The concierge, Alin, was also stupendous. We like to explore restaurants where the food is delicious and the patrons are local. Alin recommended the best Italian restaurant (Casa D'Angelo) that we have eaten at in the USA. He also arranged a flower delivery from my husband of the most exotic flowers I have ever received! Ray, the customer service manager for the pool, was attentive and pro-active and remembered our favorite area and set it up each day before we arrived. We enjoyed several spa services and in general had a vacation filled with kindness and care by the Westin team. We have decided to celebrate our next anniversary here and highly recommend this Westin Resort. Thank you to all the Westin Beach Resort & Spa team for making our stay so special and filled with such joy.

With Kindest Regards,
Ron & Heather

Room Tip: Rooms in North Tower are more convenient to the pool. Rooms in South tower are more convenient to S...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear HLS23: Thank you sharing with us your recent experience at The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale. We are thrilled that you chose our resort as your Anniversary destination and are honored to have been a part of such a special occasion! It sounds like you had a lovely time and enjoyed our beautiful oceanfront pool and services at the Heavenly Spa. Again thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again very soon. Sunny regards from beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach!

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Perfect accomodations with an amazing view! Had a great time poolside, dining at Shula's, walking along the beach, relaxing .... Plus the staff is very friendly and professional, especially Storm! Thanks for making our trip so memorable! We will be back soon : )

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

As a bank manager, I work more than 60 hours a week, and needed a little vacation to relax and recharge. I booked my reservations on a travel website, and was eager to experience the calming luxury conveyed. Upon my arrival, Brandon at the front desk greeted me. He was warm and engaging and made me feel welcomed, and offered me an upgrade, as I became a Starwood Preferred Guest. This was just the start of a great weekend. Upon my next day at the pool, the towel attendants were quite attentive and friendly even working in the heat. I enjoyed my trip, especially the spa, where I met Valamon. She explained about the Starwoods rewards and the discount, and even called to remind me about my spa treatment which was an incredible soothing, relaxing experience. Molly at the concierge desk was so kind and friendly in her suggestion of a restaurant choice; and made the extra effort to call the restaurant and make a reservations for me, All of my experiences at the Westin was first class, not to mention upon my checking out with Courtney at the reservations desk. He was extremely polished, professional, and charming with just the right touch of style. This will be a destination that I will be coming back in the near future given the wonderful scenic view, incredible service, and friendly staff!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Pembroke, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We just returned from the Westin in Fort Lauderdale...the hotel lobby was inviting and posh..a pretty fragrance infuses the whole area..we were checked in quickly and the desk clerk was very friendly. My husband is a gold member so we were upgraded to ocean view without any hassle.our room was basic but clean..new rugs would zip it up a bit ..being oceanfront was great though they don't have balconies so I missed sitting out there at night. We opted to forego maid service to earn star points and that was great. We didn't have to worry about being woken up by a knock on the door every morning at the most inopportune times and you can earn cash towards purchases if you don't save the points. We needed towels once and the maid was always in the area bothering other people but not us:)..so no problems with replenishing anything we needed. The pool was refreshingly cool which we enjoyed as the temp of the water seemed like 80 and the air temp was 90...the pool attendant was always smiling and joking...there were plenty of chairs and an easy walk over to the bar if drinks were needed. Beachside was equally enjoyable ..someone saves you two chairs for free( not sure if this is for gold members only)..and they are yours for the whole day. Great service! We really enjoyed the assortment of eating establishments..notably Spazios and Lulu's...we took a trip to hard rock casino but not really worth the drive if you don't gamble..good for a rainy day I guess...we enjoyed sawgrass rec center..took the airboat ride in the Everglades and saw 2 alligators which was cool and creepy at the same time. The attached animal farm was just sad..beautiful animals in cages...I don't think anyone would feel cheated if they let them all go...we are there for the airboat rides after all. The checkout was equally as easy. The do have a mandatory valet service with parking fee..it was pricey but I didn't mind being waited on hand and foot and the valets were so polite and helpful it was just a luxury we rarely treat ourselves to. I also had an 80 minute massage for 99 dollars which was wonderful...nice spa..sale price for massage..I thought other spa prices were way too high for the area..I paid less in Hawaii for more involved services

Room Tip: Pick high floor facing ocean for quiet and beautiful view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!