We booked the Westin for our family (2 adults, 2 children) for a mid-August visit.
Overall the hotel was nice and clean.
We booked a room with a full ocean view. The check in took a few extra minutes as the cleaning staff was still getting our room ready. We booked the hotel as part of a vacation package and had requested a room away from the elevators. However, when we got to our room, we saw that it was right outside the elevators. I quickly went back downstairs to see what other room we could get. The front desk was very accommodating and got us a corner room away from the elevators with the same ocean view.
The pool was always at a nice temperature.
We found that (for us at least) the food selection in the immediate vicinity was pretty limited, so we ended up eating at the hotel 4 times (we stayed 5 nights). Schula's had good steak, but we only could each so much steak. We had room service one night (take care to note that the price of the food on the room service might not be what you're charged - the staff was quick to credit us for the difference in price when we brought it to their attention).
We also had sushi one night. It was good, though a little pricey for what we're used to.
There is a Starbucks in the South tower (next to the spa and workout room) which was convenient. Closes at 9pm (Sun-Thurs) and 11pm (Fri and Sat).
Our major complaint/negative is that the only parking option is valet parking at $28/day. I would have liked at least a self-park option, as I was reluctant to make small trips as we would have to always call for our car (and pay a tip as well).
Our other complaint was the skywalk. It was an amenity that we were looking forward to using so we wouldn't have to cross the street (pretty busy at times) in order to get to the beach. However, it was always out of order (except for one day).
At the beach, there are a limited number of free, first come, first serve beach chairs available. However, if you want an umbrella, it's $20 for the day.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay and found the staff friendly. In particular, Omar and Akeem stood out for me.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel
- The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- The Westin Beach Resort And Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- Westin Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront setting offers diving, sailing, fishing, or just quiet relaxation. But beachside bliss is only the start: we have a rejuvenating spa and fitness center and a serene oceanfront pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Starwood, Travelocity, Booking.com, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.