“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Clarkston, MI
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked this room through Hotwire and obtained a good rate. We asked for an upgrade to a tower room. The desk clerk said none would be available until later in the afternoon so we said we would take the room in the older section. Well we walked in and turned around and walked out - decided we would wait the couple of hours for a tower room. The old room smelled musty. The air conditioner was a unit under the window. The view was of a flat roof full of equipment. The tower room had a balcony with a view of the inter coastal. It was large and basic. The bed was comfortable, the bedding non descript. The bathroom was adequate. It was clean and well serviced. The room cooled quickly and was very comfortable. The pool, which is located across the street, is on the inter-coastal. It is small and old but well maintained. There are about 35 lounge chairs and a nice shaded area with tables and chairs. A bar was set up a few of the days that we were there. Other days you had to use a house phone to order food and drink - and someone delivered it from the main building. My only complaint about the pool was the size of the towels - regular bath size. The hotel has a happy hour every day from 5 - 7 which was a very good deal. Bar service was hit or miss. There is a lovely quiet outdoor space to enjoy a drink. The hotel is pet friendly ( not my thing) and I was dismayed to see a bar patron use a stool for her dogs. A comment about this to the bartender was just shrugged off. This hotel is all about location, location, location. Steps away from restaurants, bars, music and shops. A great place to stay for a getaway.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower. Ask for a balcony room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Heiko D, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of staying in the tower and spending time at our pool, located right along the New River.

Executive Vice President – The Las Olas Company

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Riverside during our recent visit to Ft. Lauderdale. Loved the view from our Tower Room, loved the balcony too!. Location was perfect for getting out and about to "all things Las Olas". Pool is relaxing and never crowded, Bar is great for late night cocktails and live music. Parking staff gets an A for Awesome!

Room Tip: Tower Room makes ALL the difference!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of the perfect getaway for your husband and you. You are correct that the tower units are lovely and our bar is a locals hotspot.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

As a wedding photographer, I have taken many photographs and made many visits to the RIverside Hotel. It is just beautiful ... right on the water and is close to EVERYTHING Fort Lauderdale has to offer. I have never stayed overnight here, but I can tell you that the staff, food, environment and charm of this beautiful property will take your breath away. Located right off Las Olas Blvd to the north and the New River to the south ... this hotel is close to everything. Don't wanna take a "car" taxi to the city? Jump on a water taxi instead. Simply one of the best hotels not only in Fort Lauderdale, but in nation too! You'll love it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of our romantic hotel. Our location is the best in Fort Lauderdale, as you have your playground right in front of our door step.

Friendswood, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an old hotel, so Google it and read up on it. I requested a room in the tower, so it is a newer section, built after 2000. The room was spacious, king bed, huge bathroom, and balcony with table and 2 chairs. I had a view of the Atlantic off in the distance, and could also view the Inter-coastal and some cruise ships in the terminal. The furnishings seem a bit older, but they fit with the theme of the rest of the hotel and I was comfortable.

The hotel is the only one located on Famous Las Olas Boulevard, and there is plenty of shopping, arts, and food all in walking distance.

I did not go to the bar or restaurant on site. There is not a spa on site.

I would stay here again if visiting the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Good Day,
I really appreciate you are taking the time in writing a TripAdvisor about your most recent stay at the Riverside Hotel. It was very pleasing for me to see, that you had a great experience. In particular I enjoyed your highlight of the tower unit and the famous Las Olas Boulevard.

florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

If you stay here avoid the old section of the hotel. It is very old,dirty and very small rooms. I stay here frequently on business and asked for an upgrade but were told none were available. Too bad it is in a great location downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wilton Manors, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The original part of the Riverside Hotel in Fort Lauderdale is truly a landmark. It's an historic building with many quaint touches and makes a great location for weddings as well. It's perfectly situated on the Las Olas Boulevard, a mecca for restaurants and high-end shopping in downtown Fort Lauderdale. It also backs up to the New River, where you can catch a water taxi to take you on a sight-seeing tour or to dinner at a restaurant of your choosing up the river. There is a fairly newly added tower of rooms adjacent that I have not experienced.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Santa Clara, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I made my reservation for this hotel through Priceline, even after reading that they usually assign Priceline folks to rooms in the older wing. That was true for me, but I found the room attractive and comfortable, even if compact. I was traveling solo, so two people may feel more restricted. For instance, the bathroom was really small, with no room for toiletries.

That said, I had a fine experience, staying just overnight. Self-parking was fairly convenient ($18 a day in March 2013). Staff members were friendly. I went for a run and took a look at the riverfront pool area; it seemed very relaxing. I also used the small but adequate fitness room. My room overlooked Las Olas Drive, but was fairly set back, so noise wasn't an issue. It was great to take a stroll. The street is a center of FLL nightlife, with lots of restaurants and shops.

I'd stay there again, but would want to get a good deal.

Room Tip: I understand that the new tower rooms are larger and more modern.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!