“Wonderful stay at Riverside” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   620 E. Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301   |
Ranked #23 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful stay at Riverside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Riverside staff was extremely friendly and very helpful to your needs. The hotel is strategically located in the heart of Las Olas Boulevard, it's fairly close to the beach, Riverwalk, shops and restaurants and transportation. I didn't rent a car, I use mass transportation, water taxi, bus and trolley, it was easy to get around. They have an old section in the hotel, which is quaint and cheaper, I didnt view the new tower yet I am told its modern with bigger rooms so if you're particular, you may want to look into this. They offered me an inexpensive upgrade but I was satisfied with my room. I will be back.

Room Tip: check into new section vs the older section? Depends on your tastes and who you are with. Also, th...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Good Afternoon,
I was so pleased to see your Trip advisor and thank you for the PERFECT rating. You are correct that our location is the best in Fort Lauderdale, as we are the only hotel on famed Las Olas Boulevard.

I hope to see you in the near future.

Have a lovely day,

Heiko Dobrikow

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

My sister and i stayed at Riverside prior to departure on a cruise ship. I am so glad I chose this place!! Loved the hotel, the room, the views, service, the history of the hotel, and the location on Las Olas Blvd. We walked up and down the boulevard, had great food, and became giddy with the people watching. The hotel itself was lovely, with a rich, well-seasoned character.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
dobrikowh, General Manager at Riverside Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Good Morning,
thank you for the PERFECT score and we appreciate your feedback on your stay with us. We have become the most preferred choice for pre- and post- cruisers, as our hotel is located in the entertainment district of Fort Lauderdale. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed this option.

Hope to see you in the near future.

Bon Voyage,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Had a great time at riverside! Went Aug. 4, 2012. Clean room, helpful staff, excellent service! I came with my girlfriend and stayed at riverside before our Carnival Cruise.

Taxi to riverside from airport: Less than $20

Stayed at the new tower rooms with balcony. The view sucked as we were looking at the city when we wanted to look at the canals.

Ate at the In-house restarurant: Free drinks! excellent food and service! Live entertainment was great too!

At the end of the trip they helped me get a shuttle to port everglades.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,
I am happy to see that you have enjoyed the service from my staff and that you found our food delightful. Just in March of this year we were honored with the award of being the Best Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale by Go Riverwalk Magazine! In April our Chef Toby Joseph was awarded Best Chef. Also I was thrilled that you enjoyed the entertainment.

Have a great rest of the year!

Sunny regards,

Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

It is the best because if you are in the Las Olas area you are staying out late and drinking. The Riverside is actually a very nice hotel that is clean and has great room service. It is in an ideal area for shopping, eating and drinking and right on a very cool waterway.

Perfect place for a vacationer that doesn't need all the fancy perks that you will pay triple for just down the road.

Room Tip: Request a room on the water. It is cool to watch the boats go through at night.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,
I really like your headline for us being "The Best Hotel..." and believe me it made my staff very proud when I shared your trip advisor with them. I agree with you that we have the best location and since we have been in service for over 75 years, we also pride ourselves making your experience memorable.

Thank you for your review.

Warm regards,

Jupiter, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Riverside Hotel this past weekend for 2 nights. Our room was in the Executive Tower and upon check-in, I asked for a "good view" and a balcony. I was told that the balcony was a $15 upgrade charge. I had never heard of this before.. but thought it was a fair deal. When we got to the room, I was unhappy with the ugly city view. I called down to the desk to see if there was any other room with a better view available and they said "no.. they were all booked'. I started to unpack and the phone rang and the front desk told me that indeed, a new room would soon be avail on the other side and they were cleaning it. It would be avail in a few hours. GREAT! I was very impressed with this follow up and level of customer service. We left our luggage in the original room and left to explore Las Olas.

A few hours later, we came back and checked in at the front desk and were told the new room was ready. We moved our luggage and were VERY HAPPY with the new room/view. The room was clean, large and very nice. The bathroom was exceptionally huge with modern fixtures and tile.

The hotel staff was VERY accommodating and friendly. Valet service came with our package and it was VERY CONVENIENT and the valet/ bellmen were always friendly and over-the-top with service and helpfulness.

The pool was beautiful and clean and quiet. You can float and watch the boats lazily ride by. The hotel is in a great location within walking distance to a lot of food options and shopping choices. We took the "Carrie B" cruise and HIGHLY recommend this. Great 90 minute tour aboard a clean, large vessel with a wonderful tour of the mansions and riverway.

We didn't eat at the hotel... but we did have some fabulous meals on Las Olas.
All in all.. I would definitely RETURN to the Riverside for a luxurious, clean, fun place to stay.

Room Tip: Spend the money and stay in the Executive Tower and ask for a good view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning,
well, your 5 star rating made us feel FABULOUS. I hope you do not mind me using your headline word. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed the view from your room and that our service levels exceeded your expectations. Our pool, which is located right adjacent to the River, is our hidden oasis, which allows our guest to just recharge from their busy life. I am so pleased that you took advantage of this amentity.

Come see us soon again.

Have a delightful August,

Twinsburg, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at the Riverside Hotel on July 19 and checked out July 23 (Thursday thru Monday). The staff was very professional, the Hotel was extremely clean including the pool area. This is a great location with shops and restaurants all around. We stayed in the Executive Towers ($118 a night) a huge room and very large bathroom/shower. The food at the hotel was good, the drinks were great and the bar scene is very friendly with guests very down to earth. We have been coming to Ft. Lauderdale for years and always enjoy our stay at the Riverside-very consistent. I give it 4 and a half stars.
Tom

Room Tip: Definately ask for the Executive Towers as opposed to the older (smaller) rooms.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Morning,
thank you for taking the time to complete the trip advisor and I am glad that you enjoyed yourself. I really appeciate your accolades of giving us 4 1/2 stars. I was further delighted to see that our business strategy in being the "Cleanest and Friendliest Hotel in Town" was reflected in your comments. The pool area is certainly a place of relaxation and I am happy your enjoed this amenity.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Sunny regards,

Liberty, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Very good experience--great service, decor, location and loved the pool with pool service available. Had nice steps and shallow section for kids and relaxing. So cool to be on the waterway and see the parked yachts and those driving by. Palm trees and all--
Large room, comfortable bed, very clean.
Loved it!

Room Tip: We upgraded to full wrap around balcony when checking in--well worth a teeny bit extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Good Morning,
with pleasure I read through your Trip Advisor and I was so impressed that we received a PERFECT rating from you. I took the liberty to print your trip advisor and posted it on our employee information board for all the see.

We have pride ourselves for over 75 year to provide service excellence and I was thrilled to see that we provided as such to you. Our pool, which you enjoyed so much, is a great way to just relax. Thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of our hotel and that the tower rooms are very large in size.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Kind regards,

Heiko Dobrikow

Been to Riverside Hotel? Share your experiences!