“We LOVE Gators!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type:
Activities: Camping, Fishing, Viewing wildlife
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Everglades Holiday Park! Climb aboard one of our state-of-the-art airboats for an unforgettable adventure in the Florida Everglades, then take in a live alligator presentation featuring the Gator Boys Alligator Rescue in our world famous Gator Pit! With miles of wetlands before you, you'll journey deep into the Everglades, zipping across the river of grass at top speeds, an expert tour guide leading the way.Lock eyes with an American alligator and snap amazing pictures as you come face-to-face with some of the Everglades most unusual and exciting animals. Airboat tours at Everglades Holiday Park are an hour long, and that's plenty of time to meet and greet with some of the area's most exotic and unforgettable wildlife. Our captains are more than skilled, they're true "Gladesmen" intimately familiar with the area and prepared to take you where you need to be to experience the sights and sounds you'll treasure forever.
Overland Park, Kansas
“We LOVE Gators!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was such a great tour. The staff was so kind and very educational. Not expensive either. We all held a gator and fell in love! The airboat tour was very informative and fun! We saw gators, plants and birds. My 9year old loved this (was a bit scared when we went fast) but LOVED this. My 13 year old enjoyed it too but also wasn't found of when the boat went fast. I loved the whole experience. Great time , Great place & Great Staff. Don't forget to TIP !! That is how they make $$$ to help the gators and pay the volunteers! My girls said they would come back.

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wake Forest, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
“If you like the Gator Boys...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a lot of fun at this park. So glad there is a place for these animals. Thought the gator wrestling was fun (and scary!) Would like to return again someday.

Easton, Maryland
33 attraction reviews
“Very Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We recently visited Everglades Holiday Park. Having watched “Gator Boys” on TV we thought we check it out. We never thought we would see either of the guys from the show. When we pulled into the parking lot there was a camera crew filming the young skinny guy (can’t think of his name), and a few minutes later Paul walked out. That was an unexpected treat! We didn’t have time to take the boat ride which includes the gator show. We wanted to see the Gator Show but they don’t sell tickets for just the show. I would suggest that they think about selling tickets to the show separate from the boat ride, as well as the package. It would be nice for people who don’t have time for both, or maybe someone is unable or doesn’t like being on boats. There is a small gift shop, store, snack bar and a picnic area. Peacocks roam the area. Holiday Park is small but very nice. We hope to go back.

Rhode Island
26 attraction reviews
“A fun afternoon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We purchased this excursion through the hotel and was very happy. This company picked us up at the hotel and were willing to drop you off anywhere on the conclusion - which several of our bus mates chose to do. It was a cooler grey day - which was perfect - no mosquitos, etc. I understand the summer months can be rough. The airboat was a bit larger than we had anticipated, but still fast and fun. Saw many bird species and gators, an overall fun day. Great excision for families visiting the area.

Visited December 2012
Kirkland, Illinois
159 attraction reviews
“We saw some Gators......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here after our cruise for a few hours before we were headed to Orlando for a few days.
When we arrived there were a lot of people so I thought we would be waiting for quite a while but our number was called within 15 minutes. When our number was called we headed down to the airboat with Captain Lou.
The airboat ride lasted about an hour and we saw 4 different gators. One of them we got really close and I was able to get some great pictures....so that was pretty cool. The airboat is definitely not accomodating for disabled people. It was difficult to get in and even more difficult to get out.
When we got back to the dock Captain Lou jumped off the airboat and stood on the dock waiting for his tip. It would have been nice if he would have helped us get off the airboat. I got one foot out and on the dock and then the boat started to sway away from the dock. I was worried about falling or losing a shoe in the water.
After the airboat ride we went back up on top the hill to the alligator show. I didn't even attempt to walk down the steep slope to see the gator show. I knew that I couldn't do it with my bad knees. My dad went down to see it and take some pictures and he said that steep slope was brutal walking down and back up.
This was a fun place and great way to see alligators in the wild at a decent price but they are definitely not accomodating for disabled people.