“This place ain't a motel it's home.” 5 of 5 stars

By Eddy Motel
1021 NE 13th Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #2 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Staffordshire, England
“This place ain't a motel it's home.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was very cautious of the reviews of this place. I couldn't see how a place could have such perfect reviews but I was wrong.
This is one of the best guest houses, if not the best, I have stopped at. Of course it is not a 5 star luxury resort where you are waited on hand on foot. But it is spotlessly clean with a lovely environment and homely feel. Superb small pool well maintained court yard with amazing birds and plant life.
The rooms/spacious and huge with warm homely feel. The prices are so cheap for what you get which is total relaxation.
The only down side is it is not next to the beach so you need a car. However plenty of local amenities in area and a supermarket right round the corner so you can stock up your kitchenette. Travelled with baby and this was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Why go to a boring big box hotel if you have a great family run place that gives its guest personal attention. Free WifI, a good cup of coffee and a smile included. The motel is not at the beach, but in a convenient location near Sunrise Bvd. Accross the street is a nice public park and in walking distance you will find a Publix-supermarket. The owners made this place with a lot of personal touches a unique place. Best value in FLL. Great place to bring a family, hang out with friends or even stay here for business.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. Ask for one upstairs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband ,my son and I have stayed there at least 8 times .It is very clean ,convenient and we simply feel at home.
Serge and Alma are wonderful people and make the place so attractive.They are truly kind and would be there for anything you ask them to help with.
It is a block from the shops ,coffees and restaurants.five minutes from the beach.For a day or a month stay there and you will be happy.
Pour les francophones....un bonus puisque Alma et Serge parlent francais.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here this past weekend for three days and one tonight. Mainly I booked this hotel because the reviews were consistently positive and the price seemed very reasonable. When I arrived to check in late evening, the owner greeted me by name and I was surprised that he knew who I was without me even saying. His response to me was, "when you stay here you are like family". I thought it was a little sweet and cheesy at the same time but much to my surprise the service did live up to his statement. They went out of their way to make sure we were happy. With everything from making sure that our property was protected, too accommodating my sister when she decided to stay at the hotel last minute, to calling me on my cell to let me know that my nephew left his toy behind. I can't remember getting better service at any place I stayed ever. I am very happy with the friendliness cleanliness and a location of the motel. The room was a great size and the kitchen came in very handy when you wanted to save a little cash and have a snack in the room.

My favorite part was that the hotel was very quiet and it seemed that it was in a very safe neighborhood. Just a heads up, if you end up taking Sunrise Boulevard from I-95 ... Don't panic if at first it seems like you are driving through a sketchy area. By the time you make it down to the hotel you will be in a more suitable area.

I would recommend By Eddy Motel to anyone staying in the Fort Lauderdale area, and is definitely worth a 15 to 30 minute drive to your destination. It is only 20 minutes from Hard Rock Casino, and 25 from Nova University.

• Stayed October 2012
petit valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

By eddy motel is right off Sunrise Ave. Fantastic location. No need to rent a car as the bus stop is a few metres around the corner. You buy a day pass for just 4 dls. The nbr 36 bus drops you inside Sawgrass Mills mall. Public and other restaurants are around the corner.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Whenever I see owners treat their property with devotion, I feel relaxed and free of worry. I feel at home. The small efficiency served my every need and the outdoor area gave me an opportunity to feel quiet. I highly recommend Eddy Motel for anyone who wants to feel at home on their vacation or business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
swansea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We knew the reviews were good but didn't think our visit would surpass our expectations. I write this review as I'm sat in my room on my last of a 4 night stay. The location is great and you can be at the beach within minutes, the rooms and motel generally couldn't be cleaner and the pool is warm. We were offered beach chairs and umbrellas when we visited the beach and the fresh coffee available every morning goes down a treat. There's complimentary shampoo, soap, toothpaste and razor - everything has been thought of here.

Will definitely be recommending to friends and family

Stayed October 2012

Been to By Eddy Motel? Share your experiences!