“Loved it.....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Beach Palace

Save Saved
You added Royal Beach Palace to your Saves list
Royal Beach Palace
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3711 N. Ocean Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Formerly Fort Lauderdale Beach Palace Hotel & Suites)   |
Ranked #48 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
South Croydon, Surrey
“Loved it.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I was at the RBP during the School Half Term. I chose it as it's a non - smoking establishment and they don't allow pets.
I read quite a few reviews about different Hotels in Miamia/FLL where people had booked a specific room and because of their late check-in time that room was no longer available - my arrival time was to be 0130hrs. Being a non-smoker in a smoking room that's had a dog in it filled me with the heebeejeebees, however you can smoke around the pool/bar area. So the RBP gets my vote all day long especially if travelling with children and you need that assurance beforehand. Everything was as it said on the tin and believe it or not the rooms come with heaters and air con - the evenings can take on a chill well they did when I was there anyway. CVS Pharmacy directly in front, Walgreens a block away to the right, Dunkin and McDees not too far away either oh and Winn Dixie aka Sainsburys. To my surprise the bus that regularly passes the Hotel premises takes you to Sawgrass Mall - it's at least an hours journey but it's door to door for a dollar 75 for Adults and 85 cents for children each way - bargain!!! The Mall has it all including a Cinema for when you want a break from all the shopping.
At the time of my 7 night stay you could only receive calls in your room, if you wanted to make an outgoing call (free local) then reception was more than happy to accommodate.
I thought that the swimming pool roadside would be an issue but hey you're in America - who cares!!!??? My only comment for the restaurant is that I never saw a morsel left on anybody's plate....my hankering for fast food didn't allow for that type of cuisine.
To conclude its a lovely place to stay be it for one night or more and via Hotels.com I have a night free so if my Son continues to badger me as he does I will be back sooner than I think.
Enjoy because we did and can't/won't complain about a thing!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the same way in that you have the sun on your balcony most of the day - in the ev...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
yorkshire england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed at the Royal Beach Palace prior to cruise. The rooms were spacious and had an adjoining door as we were travelling with family. There was a nice little swimming pool with loungers and comfortable bar area, a facility which we found as lacking in most of the other hotels. It was a short walk to beach and there were many shops just over the road. Adequate parking on-site.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Rockaway, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My sister and I stayed there for my spring break. We weren't familiar with the area at all and didn't know what to expect when we chose that place. We had to walk to the beach but not too far. Plus we rented a car. Front desk people weren't overly friendly but always professional and helpful. Housekeepers were nice, and we had no issues with the service. The room was big and had a private balcony (I just wish we could have a higher floor). Overall everything was great, and we'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed here after our cruise that left from Miami. The staff was more than helpful even when I made some stupid errors when booking. They fixed it all correctly. The rooms were large and very clean. The bathroom updated and spa quality. We got there early, around 11 and they were happy to check us in. My only complaint was that live music played in the pool side bar until 10 PM on Friday and was very loud. But I guess that only reflects that I'm old and like to be asleep by 9:30. There are restaurants within walking distance and a laundry mat within 2 blocks. No laundry facilities on site. Mc Donalds, Dunkin Donuts and pizza. Even a nice Italian and Greek place too.

It is about 2 blocks from the beach which by the time the cruise was over we were pretty much beached out. Thank you all for a great stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Palm Harbor, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Very clean property but off the "beaten path" to the strip. Not a good place if you don't have transportation. A little hike to a public beach. No ice machine so you have to get ice when the bar is open (from the bartender). The luggage carts don't wheel well so be prepared to carry your luggage to the room. Parking is terrible.

Room Tip: Says partial ocean view and it's "partial" alright! We stayed on the 4th floor but the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I booked this hotel last minute not knowing what to expect. I was spending the day in ft lauderdale beach and I wanted something relatively closed and this ended up being in a perfect location. A $10 taxi ride will take you to the strip if you don't want to drive. One great feature this hotel has is free parking and they don't charge a daily resort fee like most Miami hotels. When we got the room we where pleasantly surprised, the rooms are renovated and extremely clean. The front desk staff was friendly and I have nothing to complain about besides the rude bartender downstairs. One thing that is deceiving is that the hotel isn't close to the beach at all. Across the street is what seems like private condominiums with private beach access only. Overall it was a nice 1 night stay at the Royal Beach Palace.

• Stayed June 2014
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

everyone we encountered at the hotel were very accommodating and friendly.
great location. Everything anyone would need is walking distance ( mostly across the street or down the block) the wait staff seemed like family by the time we left

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Beach Palace? Share your experiences!