The BW Gateway to the Keys has been my hotel of choice in Florida City for almost 10 years now. It's very conveniently located at the tip of mainland Florida, convenient to both the Everglades and to the Keys. The reason I only gave it a 3 on location is that it's hidden behind a restaurant, which could make it hard for a newcomer to find. Also, if you enter from the "back," off Krome Avenue instead of US 1, there's no sign showing where it is. The area around it is very commercial but once you enter the hotel grounds, it's lovely and tropical, especially the pool/hot tub area. Most of the employees are very helpful but one older lady needs to learn to smile - this is a service establishment, remember? Rooms are average for a chain motel but the pool and hot tub area is really pretty and well kept. The price was very good, considering we were there over the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western