“Nice People and amenities” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Apollo Beach, United States
“Nice People and amenities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Best Western Gateway is a perfectly nice place to stay on your way in or out of the Keys. It is clean with all the amenities. The staff is very friendly and helpful. And the free breakfast is also quite good. You do need to know that it is set up like a motel, with all doors outside on walkways. If that is no problem, it is a great place for the price. It also has a nice pool and pool area for sitting and relaxing with breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GATEWAYBW, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
I hope you had a great time on your vacation to South Florida. Our great location makes us the perfect starting point for your stay. We are only 10 mins away from the Everglades, and 30 mins away from the Florida Keys. Our rooms are large, clean and have all the amenities that we can provide. Our rooms have microwaves, refrigerators, flat screen tv, upgraded linens, coffee maker and so much more. Our hot breakfast has eggs, bacon, waffles, pastries, fruit and more. I am glad that you took advantage of our beautiful tropical courtyard and pool area during your meals. Its an excellent place to relax after a long day in the sun . Our rooms do have doors located on the outside which makes it very convenient since you are able to park directly outside your room. I really hope you come visit us again. For the best prices, service and no hassle cancelation/modifications, please book directly with us. Call me at 305-246-5100 or email me at gatewaybw@aol.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Derry, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at this location. Our room was large enough and had the basic needs --- comfortable bed, frig, coffee maker, microwave...and it was CLEAN. We were able to grab a quick breakfast each morning before starting off on our adventures each day. Location was important to us. We were disappointed that the pool area didn't have any umbrellas. There were stands, but were told that they had no umbrellas as they were all broken during past storms, and never replaced. The pool was ok, but was not always kept clean. The staff at the desk seemed disinterested most of the time, but overall experience was a good one. We liked that we were able to be in an affordable hotel and still be accessible to the Keys.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. I am glad to hear that your overall experience with the hotel was a great one. I am sorry that the umbrellas were taken down during your stay. I am also glad to see that you found our large, clean rooms to be comfortable and satisfying. We do have microwaves, refrigerators, coffee makes, flat screens and so much more. I am sorry that you found the front desk disinterested. We immediately had a meeting after hearing your review. I assure you that guest satisfaction and service is always our first priority. We work very hard for every guest to feel that your stay was best. Your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for taking the time to write this review. If you are ever back again, please send me an email directly at gatewaybw@aol.com or call us at 305-246-5100. We provide the best service, best value and no hassle cancelations when you book directly with us.

Quakertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We were very satisfied with the location, cleanliness, and facilities at this hotel for our overnight stay. Our plan was to tour the Everglades for a day or two before continuing onto the FL Keys. It worked out very well. Easy to find, central location for our needs.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I really hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay as much as you did at our hotel. We are only minutes away from the Everglades and 30 minutes away from the Florida Keys. We provide a great location at an even better price. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us. We provide large clean rooms, free hot breakfast, Wi-Fi, microwave, refrigerators and so much more. Whether you are staying for one night or a week, I assure you, you will not be disappointed with us. I really hope you come back and if you do please email me directly at gatewaybw@aol.com. Or call us at 305-246-5100. For the best price and rates always book directly with us or visit our website.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is a nice well run hotel in the chain. Great pool area. Good rooms and excellent breakfast choice. Staff very good and dealt with a couple of minor problems we found upon our arrival very well. Great location to explore the Everglades and Shopping Malls. Lots of places to eat near by from local to major chain restaurants.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry to hear that you had some minor issues during your stay. But I am very glad to hear that we were able to resolve them quickly and satisfied your needs. Nice to see that you were able to spend time by our large tropical pool and hot tub. This is a great area to relax after a long day to the Everglades. We are only 10 mins away from the Everglades and 30 mins away from the Florida Keys. Thank you for your business and I hope to see you again. Please call directly at 305-246-5100 for the BEST rates or email me directly at Gatewaybw@aol.com.

Thanks
Venice, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

The staff was very accommodating even with a last minute room request. We needed a pack and play for our daughter, and they quickly brought one to our room. I would've like linens for the pack and play, but we did bring our own. Breakfast was my favorite part, with make-your-own apple cinnamon waffles. Loved it!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your feedback. I will look into your comments about the linens and the pack and play. Generally linens are provided with this and I am sorry for the inconvenience. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our amazing breakfast spread. As you mentioned we serve waffles, eggs, bacon, pastries and so much more. We truly have a great free breakfast when you stay with us. Thank you and we hope to see you again.

Stuart, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed with my son & daughter in law for 2 days.Room was clean.It was adjacent to pool which was so convenient.Pool & hot tub was well maintained & breakfast was good. Convenient location. Good value. I had a AAA discount. Would return

Room Tip: ground floor near pool #140
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GATEWAYBW, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. I hope you had a great time in Key West. As you already know, we located only 30 mins away from the Keys and 15 mins away from the Everglades. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. I see that you had one of our great pool side rooms. I agree with your tip,its great just walking outside of your room into a lovely tropical courtyard and large pool. Hope you enjoyed relaxing in our hot tub as well. I see that you booked our discounted AAA rate as well. Great discounts such as those and our upgrade pool side rooms can only be received by calling us directly at 305-246-5100. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call.

Thanks
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

We wanted to do a snorkeling tour at John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park and quickly realized how expensive staying at a good hotel at the keys. Best Western was at the perfect location, 30 minutes away from the state park with excellent customer service, good clean rooms and nice warm breakfast. We loved our stay here. What else could you ask for?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GATEWAYBW, Manager at BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thank you for such a great review. I am glad you were able to experience snorkeling at the Coral Reef. I definatly how outrageous the prices are and the lack of good value in the Keys. We have an excellent location and even better price. Why spend so much extra money in the Keys, when you can get a better hotel at less than half the cost. We offer free wifi, a hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles, pastries and so much. We try hard to provide you with the best service, clean rooms and great breakfast. Thank you for letting us know that we were able to achieve that on your stay. Our staff will be very happy to hear that. I really hope you have a chance to visit us again. For the best rates and no hassle modifications and cancellations please book directly with us by calling 305-246-5100.

Felix

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys? Share your experiences!