This hotel is a fairly typical Best Western that hasn't had any updates since the 1990's. The rooms were reasonably clean. We checked for signs of bed bugs after seeing another post at this hotel with pictures of them, but we saw no signs of them under the mattress or head board. Bathrooms were clean, and carpets were clean.
The couches in the rooms really need to be vacuumed, especially under the cushions, and the couches in the lobby are quite dirty and need to be tossed out -- bad first impression.
The rate was a little high but it was a holiday.
The location is fantastic if you are using it to visit the southern glades, or are planning on heading out to the keys and don't want to pay keys prices. Either way a car is a must for anything you do in this area.
Check-in process was fine, however there was only one lone staff member and about 6 guests waiting to be served. I never understand how hotels function with so few staff. However, she was quite polite and did a great job handling the large crowd!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western