Our group was on our annual trip - this year being a bus trip - and stayed here on our way to and from Key West. Very well located to make that drive short without paying the big bucks that are charged in the Keys. Overall stay was okay. Price was very good compared to other places that we stayed. They did, however, give me a big hassle about the two puppies I had along that are being trained as service dogs. Almost as much as one place that I cancelled. I understand that they have a no dog policy. However, the manager had okayed this. They are the only place I have ever stayed where they were demanding papers showing they were service dogs. These are not issued until training is completed as some just don't make it. Breakfast - ok, nothing special. It is only the second place we have ever stayed that had outside doors. Would I stay here again? Yes. It's good but doesn't have anything particularly exceptional to talk about. Slow to get a reservation confirmed, so if you have a large group, start early. Front desk staff could be a bit more personable as well.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Best Western, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.