“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Florida City
Pace, Florida
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Family stayed here for 3 nights while visiting the Everglades and Miami. Was very happy with the hotel and the value for the price we paid. Personally, I thought the beds were the most uncomfortable that I have ever slept on so I would choose not to stay here again but if you like a super hard bed you won't have a problem. Furniture was older but bedding was all updated and everything was very clean. Pool area was nice, unfortunately it was way to cold to swim when we were there. I felt safe even though the area did seem a little rough. There is just not much in Florida City, due to this we would probably not stay in this area again but I would suggest this hotel if you were staying in Floriday City. It is a great place for visiting the Everglades.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

562 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

After bailing out of an ill-fated stay at another local hotel, we found a welcoming oasis at this Best Western. The room was large, clean, comfortable, well-lit and reasonably priced. The bathroom was spacious, and the staff was helpful. Internet connection in the room was hard-wire only, which may or may not present a problem for you. WiFi availability was problematic during the duration of our Florida trip, which covered 9 hotels. One very nice bonus here was that there is a free-laundromat available. If we return to the area again we will stay here.

Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed 4 days in December. We were surprised at how low the price was for such a nice hotel. The hotel is beautifully kept, comfortable, and has very friendly staff. The breakfast is comprehensive and delicious. The rooms are great, and they allow you to fill out a card about how much cleaning you want each day--so that you can say just empty trash and refresh towels but don't bother to change sheets (if that's what you prefer) or you can get full service for the room. There is a lovely courtyard and pool area. Free washing machine and dryer!! I don't think there are any hotels closer to the Everglades. The hotel is also situated on a road that goes straight to the Florida Keys. Restaurant choices in Florida City/Homestead are somewhat limited. I would not recommend the seafood restaurant that is walking distance from the hotel. But there is a superb Mexican restaurant, Rosita's, just a few blocks away. Atmosphere funky, but food home cooked and delicious. We also ate at a Cuban restaurant in Homestead, Mario's, that was quite good.

Room Tip: We had a ground-floor room on the outside rather on the courtyard. It was quiet. I'm sure the...
New Port Richey, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the Best Western Florida City in early December. This is one of the cleanest hotels
ive ever see. The Staff is very friendly. Breakfast in the morning was good and someone was
on duty in the dining room the whole time to keep up with things. This was the perfect location
for our day trips to the Keys one day and to South Beach the next. Also the pool deck was
kept up in very good condition, no broken chairs, tables etc and grounds were impeccable.

We'll be back again! Thanks

Room Tip: SIngle queen facing the pool includes a wet bar, fridge and micro
Lebanon, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our tour of Forida while we spent the day out on the Florida Keys. A good location for doing so. Nice clean place, well maintained, very comfortable and clean. Nice breakfast included too. I would stay here again without question, and would recommend it to others. Staff was very helpful with our questions about getting about the area.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The FACTS: I did not extend my stay by one more day as I intended (forgot the morning of the last day before going out & about). I had a valid credit card on file at the front desk. The management said they where shocked at the conduct of their employees. The management compensated me less than $100 dollars for all my stolen goods. The management said this is all the owner (local) can do for me in this situation.

What HAPPENED: I came back to my room (late afternoon) on last day of my stay thinking about extending one more day, assuming I'll take a hit for late checkout, this hotel had vacancies. I swiped (I was able to get into my rm) my key & entered my rm only to find it COMPLETELY clean and vacated. Shocked, I thought I accidentally entered the wrong rm, but I didn't. Toiletries- GONE, suitcase & hung clothes- GONE, shoes-GONE. I walked to the front desk where the girls said I had checked out, I proved them wrong by replying I would have taken my luggage if I did! they knew it was in their storage rm but didn't know why. These girls at the desk just came on shift and quickly rebooked me. They called the manager who didnt (my opinion) seem like it was a big deal & said he'd handle it the next morning, oh, the anger that raged inside-but I kept a strait face. The next day I met the manager in a quick exchange who seemed apologetic but not concerned! and reimbursed less than $100 and said that was all the owner (local) can do. The manager said "I dont' know what to say, I can't explain it". In the end I lost all food in the mini fridge, had my shaving cream (really!), and (later realized) cologne- STOLEN, peaceful night sleep on a business trip- STOLEN. Careful folks, I called corporate and they responded well, this location's management did not. The girls behind the desk that evening did a good job reestablishing my reservation. Mgt has no control over product here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys? Share your experiences!