Easy access from Route 997 and well landscaped from the outside. We were on our motorcycles headed to Key West. The desk clerk was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was furnished in ‘key west’ style furnishings. The room was updated, modern,and very clean. We felt comfortable walking on the carpet in our bare feet. We had a king bed which was very comfortable. The pillows were small but we chose not to call housekeeping to change them out. We slept very well all night.
We enjoyed the buffet style breakfast in their ‘café’ room. The pool area looked very nice, but we did not have time to do any swimming. There was a “Captain’s Restaurant and Seafood” place next door which was ‘average’ in food quality and cost. We had fried fish and rice. There was a liquor store and a gas station within walking distance. A McDonalds is located across the street from the hotel.
To our pleasant surprise, we woke up the next morning and found a clean towel on the seat of our bikes! This allowed us to wipe off the dew and moisture off our bikes! It’s nice to know the staff cares about our comfort and the condition of our bikes.
During checkout, Francesse signed us up for Best Western rewards and even sent a follow up note with further instructions. We would definitely stay here again! Best Western took great care of us during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western