We got this hotel last minute for 1 night while touring the Everglades. First off, Florida City is not the greatest, but it is a great jumping off point for some early morning Everglades excursions. This seemed to be one of the better hotels in the area. Several other hotels have barbed wire fences around them and while this one didn't I'm not sure if I should be glad it didn't or worried?
Check-in was kind of strange. The woman at the front desk told us that hotel.com had booked us in a handicapped room and asked if it was OK or if we wanted another room. When I asked if I could have another room, she said no there weren't any. Why did you ask then exactly?
Our room was first floor with an outside entrance. Bedding was nice and there was a nice flat screen in the room. We found our stay to be very quiet with no disruptions.
There are lots of food options in the area including a Krispy Kreme donut shop nearby for breakfast.
One big issue for us was that they did not have wireless internet in the room, only in the pool area. In the room you have to plug in and they provide directions for connecting in that way.
Overall a good place in this city. I felt safe and was happy to have a clean place to stay for the night.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel Florida City
- Best Western Gateway To The Keys Hotel
- Best Western Florida City
- Florida City Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Florida City/Homestead, Florida, close to attractions such as the Everglades National Park, the Florida Keys, Miami Speedway, and Biscayne National Park. Best Western Gateway to the Keys’ guests will find friendly helpful staff, newly renovated accommodations and convenient access a variety of key area attractions. Located in Florida City, adjacent to Homestead this Southern Florida area hotel features well-appointed guest rooms, each equipped with Flat Screen LCD television, refrigerator, microwave and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests will enjoy an array of amenities including a complimentary hot breakfast, an outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, Free guest laundry, free boat and RV parking and meeting facilities. Guests staying at the Best Western Gateway to the Keys will find an array of shopping nearby at the Prime Outlet Shops, the Cutler Bay Shopping Mall and The Falls Shopping Mall. NASCAR® fans staying at the hotel will appreciate being 5 miles from the Homestead/Miami Motorsports Complex, home to a variety of racing events throughout the year. This Homestead area hotel is also located less than 10 miles from key area attractions such as the Everglades National Park, Biscayne National Park and the John Pennekamp Underwater Stone Park. Visitors our hotel will also enjoy a day of fun in the sun at the beautiful Florida Keys or at Miami Beach, just a short drive away. The friendly, helpful staff at the Best Western Park Gateway to the Keys is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Florida City, Florida. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Best Western, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Fareportal , Otel and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Gateway to the Keys reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.