“Good for a night's stay” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good for a night's stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were clean. Night manager was very helpful. Kind of interesting trying to get into the entrance from the north, especially at night. We didn't use the pool, but it looked inviting.

We got our money's worth.

• Stayed October 2012

Mason, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I got what I expected for $62.99. It was clean, and great for a 1 night stay. We didn't use the pool, but it looked pretty good as well. The breakfast didn't look that great, but we were kind of late. It was a typical, cheap, continental breakfast. There are a ton of restaurant options in the area. There is also an outlet mall nearby with Nike, Coach, and more. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brett B
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went to this hotel for mother's day, I went inside to check in with my dad and Patel the general manager was at the counter, he ask me for a credit card, I told him that I was going to pay cash. I work for the same hotel chain and he told me that if I was sure that I work for the chains hotel and if that was the case I didn't know what I was doing, he told me that I was cheap and if I was not happy staying there, he will refund my money, I didn't want it argue with him, I asked him and how there suites are, he replied better than your money, my dad and I didn't want it stay there after the way I was treated, after couple of minutes I returned to the front desk and I told him that I was to take his word for it and I want it my money back, he said to bad you ain't get in it. One's again I didn't want it argue with him I left the room keys on top of the counter and walked out, thinking if I called the company that I work with, I'll get my money back, they called the hotel directly and Patel lied to them saying that I was not get in my money back because I tried to check in with more people that was originally in the reservation

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ecuaquito

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Frankford, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Clean, nice facilities, comfortable, great breakfast, great location, great staff!! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the very back row, which was the quietest, and they had picnic tables right outside so...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ann H
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is acceptable hotel - clean, renovated, nice staff. Location is fine - there are Walmart and Premium Outlets next to the hotel. The only inconvinience is the breakfast time -till 9 am, definitely too early, and the price could be lower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We needed a basic motel/ hotel for our day trips to the Everglades. We booked two nights initially but ended up staying 4 nights. The staff were always helpful. The place was pretty spotlessly clean in the common areas and bedroom. The room was fine- spacious with plenty of room for all our luggage and a full sized cotbed. The decor in the hotel lets it down and in particular the carpets- so old fashioned and worn. The breakfast was fine - nothing special although we did love the fresh waffles. The wifi Internet was great quality in both the room and common areas - a great test is to make a Skype call and if there is any bandwidth problems, then the calls tend to break up. I am pleased to say that all my Skype calls worked a treat and email/ Internet use was fine. There was a washing machine and dryer on site which we found v useful. The outside pool looked really nice, although the hotel is next to major arterial roads, so it's never going to be relaxing out there. Facilities nearby such as restaurants, shops and supermarket all good. Also a good location to head out to the Everglades from, hence why we were happy to stay longer.

Stayed March 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a tip to the Everglades. We had planned for two nights, but decided to cut the visit short after seeing the hotel. The location is convenient, but not pretty - it's right next to the highway, and the small pool faces the highway. What turned us off mostly was the dim lighting in the hallways, the very dirty and old looking carpet in the hallways, stains on the floor in our room, rust on hinges, the ironing board (nice) hanging right in the room (not nice), the rickety window on a ground floor room, and most of all, the pervasive smell of smoke both in the hallway and in the 'no smoking' rooms.

The staff was friendly enough at first, but when we cancelled our second night and asked for a receipt, the manager's wife got upset, and told us 'you have to trust people!' while giving us an angry look.

Summary, to me a three star rating should be the max for this place, so I'm not sure who are writing the reviews here. Maybe the shock was too great coming here after a luxury resort, who knows, but we'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Ramada Florida City
Ramada Florida City
#9 of 12 in Florida City
3.0 of 5 stars 612 reviews

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!