“worse mother's day ever!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
“worse mother's day ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went to this hotel for mother's day, I went inside to check in with my dad and Patel the general manager was at the counter, he ask me for a credit card, I told him that I was going to pay cash. I work for the same hotel chain and he told me that if I was sure that I work for the chains hotel and if that was the case I didn't know what I was doing, he told me that I was cheap and if I was not happy staying there, he will refund my money, I didn't want it argue with him, I asked him and how there suites are, he replied better than your money, my dad and I didn't want it stay there after the way I was treated, after couple of minutes I returned to the front desk and I told him that I was to take his word for it and I want it my money back, he said to bad you ain't get in it. One's again I didn't want it argue with him I left the room keys on top of the counter and walked out, thinking if I called the company that I work with, I'll get my money back, they called the hotel directly and Patel lied to them saying that I was not get in my money back because I tried to check in with more people that was originally in the reservation

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Frankford, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

Clean, nice facilities, comfortable, great breakfast, great location, great staff!! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: We stayed in the very back row, which was the quietest, and they had picnic tables right outside so...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This is acceptable hotel - clean, renovated, nice staff. Location is fine - there are Walmart and Premium Outlets next to the hotel. The only inconvinience is the breakfast time -till 9 am, definitely too early, and the price could be lower.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012 via mobile

We needed a basic motel/ hotel for our day trips to the Everglades. We booked two nights initially but ended up staying 4 nights. The staff were always helpful. The place was pretty spotlessly clean in the common areas and bedroom. The room was fine- spacious with plenty of room for all our luggage and a full sized cotbed. The decor in the hotel lets it down and in particular the carpets- so old fashioned and worn. The breakfast was fine - nothing special although we did love the fresh waffles. The wifi Internet was great quality in both the room and common areas - a great test is to make a Skype call and if there is any bandwidth problems, then the calls tend to break up. I am pleased to say that all my Skype calls worked a treat and email/ Internet use was fine. There was a washing machine and dryer on site which we found v useful. The outside pool looked really nice, although the hotel is next to major arterial roads, so it's never going to be relaxing out there. Facilities nearby such as restaurants, shops and supermarket all good. Also a good location to head out to the Everglades from, hence why we were happy to stay longer.

Stayed March 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We stayed here for one night for a tip to the Everglades. We had planned for two nights, but decided to cut the visit short after seeing the hotel. The location is convenient, but not pretty - it's right next to the highway, and the small pool faces the highway. What turned us off mostly was the dim lighting in the hallways, the very dirty and old looking carpet in the hallways, stains on the floor in our room, rust on hinges, the ironing board (nice) hanging right in the room (not nice), the rickety window on a ground floor room, and most of all, the pervasive smell of smoke both in the hallway and in the 'no smoking' rooms.

The staff was friendly enough at first, but when we cancelled our second night and asked for a receipt, the manager's wife got upset, and told us 'you have to trust people!' while giving us an angry look.

Summary, to me a three star rating should be the max for this place, so I'm not sure who are writing the reviews here. Maybe the shock was too great coming here after a luxury resort, who knows, but we'll look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

After traveling to the BIG CITY of Miami (Cutler Ridge area/ Pembrook Pines) and finding ABSOLUTELY nothing to stay in and if there was availability I'm not even sure we would have felt safe staying there, we hopped on the Turnpike for a short 10 minute drive to this Econo Lodge. I do have to stay, I have never stayed in an Econo Lodge before and was VERY leary.... I had called ahead of time just to make sure that there was availability and that the rooms were accessible from the inside only and not the outside- just a safety issue at the time- I was traveling alone with my sick mother and needed some handicap accessible room options and wanted a few safety things checked out. I spoke with a wonderful lady by the name of Shirley I believe. She assured me that this Econo Lodge was not going to let me down and was not "Econo" when it came to SAFETY! When we arrived I was so surprised by the facility. It looked brand new, VERY well lit and all rooms accessible by the inside only. I went in to check in before I started to unload my disabled mother and Shirley wouldn't let me check in before she let me look at two rooms and made sure that they were to my liking and would be ok for my mom. I thought that was above and beyond and Shirley was extra special and made sure that my mother was in the handicapped equipped room IF that's what she felt comfortable with.
The hotel was VERY clean!!! The rooms are very large and bathrooms in the rooms are as well.
When I said nice hide out in a hectic town, what I meant by that is.... When we have have been back we don't bother looking for hotels in that CRAZY busy town of MIAMI! We just call Shirley, she is usually working the day shift and we make a reservation at the Econo Lodge in Florida City. It may seem a bit away from Miami, but it really is NOT and it is worth jumping back on the turnpike and driving down to exit 2 I believe to stay in PEACE and QUIET! :)

Room Tip: We stayed in first room which was the handicap room. The rooms in the back of the hall are smoking r...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

15 of us stayed at this hotel from may 2nd for 3 weeks we requested ground floor rooms and the staff went out of there way to help us The pool area was cleaned every day as was the hot tub the rooms was also cleaned daily the pool cafe was outstanding the kids loved it the pool was open every night until midnight great after the long walks around the parks special thankyou to all the staff here you are a credit to the hotel i will be back also i saw no bugs or prostitutes only cute little lizards and staff working hard to make it a wonderful holiday

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!