“Super helpful staff, clean rooms, the only place I stay going to the Keys” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Florida City Travelodge

You added Florida City Travelodge to your Saves list
Florida City Travelodge
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   409 S E 1st Avenue, U S Highway #1, Florida City, FL 33034   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Lakeland, Florida
“Super helpful staff, clean rooms, the only place I stay going to the Keys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

John A
I travel to the Keys on a regular basis, normally showing up 11 PM or later for my room. I am always greeted by a smile and a booming welcome. If it is busy I step back and let the staff take the other customers first, and have always marveled at the ability Rick especially has to be friendly at that hour even with grumpy travelers and even takes the time to let them know where they can get a quick bite if they are hungry with maps and directions. The rooms are always clean and a wake up call always entered for me. Breakfast is varied and welcome in the morning (fresh made waffles, warm eggs and bacon, quite a selection). My bill is always ready for a quick checkout I am on the road 70+nights a year and I always look forward to my stays at The Florida City Travelodge. Top notch staff - clean rooms - great breakfast, what more could you want

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
East Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I have vacationed in Florida for 35 years. We love the warm sun and beautiful sunsets. The Travelodge in Florida City has become one of our favorite stops, we used to stop over before getting to the Keys, now we spend at least a week each year. Each year Travelodge seems to get better and better. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The free breakfast is by far the best we have found. We just stayed in Key Largo for four days, at a well known hotel for twice the price and no breakfast. In the Keys, if you don't dive, fish or drink, there is nothing to do but eat. There is lots more to do in Florida City and many great places to eat. The Travelodge is the best.

Room Tip: We like to stay close to the pool area, but all rooms are in walking distance of restaurant, McDon...
Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge and had the worst experience of our lives. While there we received the worst service that I have ever had. I check in around 12:30 am wow the desk clerk of this hotel at that moment I open the door I see the one staff hiding behind the wall drinking a beer. that action was very impresses to was to see that in a hotel. he check us in with a nasty smell of beer and cigarette and in tap of that he start talking to us with a low voice and bad attitude he was looking that he was already drunk very rough man. sorry Travelodge but you should not have any staff working in that condition in your property. the rest if my stay the breakfast good Wi-Fi good the room 417 carpet was litter dirty maybe it because it was in the back, my wife I ask the housekeeper if she can clean again the carpet for was and she did and she said sorry to was the only thing that Travelodge has very good and friendly housekeeper

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was very happy to stay in travelodge Florida city and this was the best Travelodge ever, the room is so nice, breakfast is very good. However I was very upset about parking, there is no rule that you have to park in front of your unit and when I arrive to Travelodge there is one spot available in which is beside my room, however after we parked for 10 minutes, front desk call us to move from that spot but never call someone to park in front of our room to move, this is not fair and inconvenience, I never stay any hotel and was asked to move the car, if Travelodge has that rule , it must apply to all customer, not asked us to move the car and you should not excuse that my husband agreed to move, I don't think this is appropriate to call customer to move the car since you never have rule about parking!!!!!!!!! I am very appreciate if the management can fix this problem!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Sunny P, Owner at Florida City Travelodge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by our staff asking you to shift the parking spot. It does not fit well. We do not mind but sometimes guests get upset and it happened.
We apologize once again for the inconvenience caused and hope to see you return with us next time you are in the area.

Please note:
(a) Breakfast hours at Travelodge Florida City are longer than most hotels (6 am to 10 am).
(b) you can always ask for an early check-in by calling ahead
(c) to get the best rates please email the undersigned (tlflsunny@gmail.com) or call (305 218 9389)
(d) our swimming pool is now heated.
(e) that directions to the Travelodge Florida City on the GPS are sometimes misleading. Type in directions for Denny's (401 se 1st avenue, FL 33034) and we are behind the Denny's Restaurant.
(f) we are now the same management/ownership at the Quality Inn next door and you can expect similar excellence in Customer Service and Hotel Operations.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife wanted to spend a day in Key Largo this past weekend as we are from Ft Lauderdale. So we decided to stay Friday and Saturday night 1/23 and 1/24/2015 at this travel lodge in Plant City and about 20 miles from Key Largo. We had a great stay and it is in a great location just off US 1. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. My wife is usually choosy about where we stay (and especially about having a clean bathroom) but it was very clean so she was happy. We found the staff to be wonderful and very accommodating. We got to bed late but made it to breakfast as they have a continental breakfast there. In addition to the usual cereals, coffee, muffins, juice, etc they also had eggs, bacon and make your own waffles. We did go to Key Largo on Saturday and had some great fish and took in the scenery around the Island. We then came back up late Saturday night and again spent the night, then left Sunday after breakfast. We want to thank everyone at the Hotel for being so accommodating and will definitely be back the next time we are headed down that way or to the upper keys as the place is so close to Key Largo and well worth it...Doc Rob

Sunny P, Owner at Florida City Travelodge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Thank you for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback as well as the award of 5 greens out of 5. we are glad your enjoyed our services, especially the cleanliness, breakfast and friendliness of the people. We look forward to not only seeing you , your friends and family but also readers of this review who we have no doubt will book with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have no words to describe my excellent experience at Traveldoge. All staff were professional and set the high standards for 5 Star hotels. The rooms were clean and attractive. Breakfast had lot of choices even for vegetarian guy like me. I will not stay any other place when I am in Florida City.

Room Tip: If you want best customer experience with your family, frineds or even by yourselves, this the place...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Sunny P, Owner at Florida City Travelodge, responded to this review, 2 days ago
What a wonderful review of your stay at the Travelodge Florida City! We always say that we do not just sell clean rooms ad upgraded amenities but also the service environment should go with it. and we are glad we exceeded your expectations. Thanks for your stay and for the highest possible award of 5 greens out of 5. We look forward to seeing you, your friends and family soon again.

Owner/Manager

Been to Florida City Travelodge? Share your experiences!