“Good location, but service is nt great” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Good location, but service is nt great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel is convenient located to go to National Parks in South Florida. The room was clean. The breakfast was okay. Free wi-fi with good signal.
What was off-putting was the maintenance person. On our 2nd and 3rd day of stay, we did not have hot water and told the front desk. They sent the maintenance guy, who told us that this is the normal water temp for the entire hotel and that he could not do anything. We complained to the front desk. After 2-3 follow ups, the hot water returned. The rest of the stay was okay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nalini K, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We apologize that you experienced these issues with maintainance guy and hope that the next time you are in Florida City you allow us the opportunity to show that we are better than what you experienced. Thank you again.but by telling us that we can improve and deliver a superior experience for you and other guest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Collingwood, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Wow, not sure where to start. Well I can say one thing, of the two weeks we spent in Florida this was the worst hotel we stayed at. I love doing positive reviews but can say with certainty this one wont get one.
What went right? The complementary breakfast was ok, The manager was very friendly when we eventually got to talk with her. She was nice enough to give us a 25% discount off our rate for the two nights we spent without air conditioning and two children under three who kept reminding us of it. The room was low rate but probably double of what it should have been.
What went wrong.. here goes: Room was kind of clean, black mould in the shower on the ceiling, Smelled like wet dog. The air conditioner stopped working after 2 hours of being there. I asked the front desk clerk if she could move us to another room. She said no way, that they were fully booked which I found hard to believe. I asked if there was someone there that could look at it and she said she would send the maintenance guy. About an hour and a half later I hear someone at my door, look out and thought there was someone trying to break into our room. I open the door a crack and asked the guy what was going on expecting the worse. He said he was maintenance and for a minute I actually doubted him as he was in street cloths and didn't look as if he was actually employed by the hotel. Anyway, he didn't even come in to look at it and said this is normal and that it would eventually come on. Well 4 hours later it still had not come on so I went back to the front desk and asked kindly if they at least had a fan as my kids were getting cranky with the heat. She looked at me like I had two heads and said "I don't think so". Oh well, better hot than -22 degrees back home.
Here is the rest: The pool was freezing (not heated) so we didn't stick around there long.
If you are going to get ice, better be armed as it is very dark and creepy. Was expecting to get jumped each time I went for ice.
The police sirens kept me up most of the first night and continued again the second night. Lots of traffic noise as well.
They advertised free internet. Guess what? No internet as I was told it has been down for the last three days. The sign outside still flashed "Free Internet". That was very inconvenient as I still had to run part of my business while I was away.
I would recommend to anyone thinking of staying here to at the very least check the room out first. You may have second thoughts..
I hope this Ramada gets a face lift and soon.

Room Tip: If you have issues with stairs ask for the main floor as there are no elevators.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Nalini K, General Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Frank,

As a valued guest we appreciate any and all feedback that we get, it is the only way we can improve. I am sorry that our rooms did not live up to your standards. We also apologize for the staff issues you experienced. I will be speaking with them in a staff meeting next week and this review will make it to that meeting. I am glad that my front desk manager was able to help you out with a discount. We hope you can accept our apology and give us the opportunity to prove to you that we are better than what you experienced. If you are willing to give us this opportunity please contact us directly so we may guarantee you the room of your choice.

Thank you again.

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Stopped in for one night before heading to Key West. Decent place, clean, friendly desk staff. Bed was comfy and clean. Bathroom clean. Nothing to complain about. The breakfast is included in your stay. Eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, muffins. Milk, Fresh coffee and Oj. The only issue, the lady in front of me broke the spout on the waffle mix and the mix was going every where, she just walked away. Not the hotels fault, but I was the one to say something that guest should have been the one. Other than that. It was a good stay. Arrived very late without issues, booked with expedia a week earlier.

Stayed January 2014
Dear Emmalyne,

We are thrilled to here you enjoyed your time with us here in Florida City! It certainly sounds like you enjoyed the everything the area has to offer. On behalf of the whole team here we thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review not only about the area but about the service and amenities you received. We can't wait to see you again!

Thank You....!!!!

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!