“FamilyReunion” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Florida City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

By reading other reviews & looking at the pictures on here I pretty much had a good idea what this place was going to be like. We are traveling to the Florida Keys with our two Siberian Huskies & will be taking them to Coral Castle before we head South so we needed a place to stay over night. This hotel was the only one in Florida City, which is the location we wanted to stay at that accepts pets, however, I have to say they are very discriminating to people with Pets. They put us far away from everyone & even though I booked a king room, I couldn't have it because I had Pets. The Pet rooms are all the way around the back of the hotel, there is no grass to take your Pets to so they can use the bathroom, the only grass is near the front of the building which we actually were told we cannot take our dogs to. So I would really like to know where else there is to take them without walking up the highway?

Now, to talk about the room. We had some stained sheets when we first walked in, I made a point to check the sheets because of all the bad reviews stated this. I went to the front desk & housekeeping was sent within 5 minutes to change them, so that's a plus. The people on staff we met were very nice. The room however is just terrible. I will be making a YouTube video within a few weeks to show in detail all the issues. My YouTube is "butterflykey422" for anyone who wants to check for a video. Give me a few weeks though as we are just on our 1st day of Vacation. Anyway, the carpet was torn, the door has damage, the sink was nasty and needs replaced, molding was coming apart on the mirror, the air condition unit needs a good cleaning. Do not walk around bare foot because within minutes our feet were black. I suspect this to be because we were in a smoking room which I actually booked a non-smoking, but I guess Pets aren't allowed in non-smoking rooms either? There are just many things that could be changed about this place. The Motel needs a major upgrade & I really do not understand how any respectful person would allow a place to be this way. I can deal with the room because we are just staying over night. I will never stay here again though. Our dogs are Cleaner than the room is which is why I am upset about the discrimination. I feel Pet Owners Should be allow to have a King Room & do not isolate us to the back of the motel out of sight! If this Motel wants to say they are Pet Friendly then at least actualy be Pet Friendly! I have posted a few pictures & will have a video soon :)

Our room was 129

• Stayed July 2013
IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your vacation to write this review on your stay here with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your or our standards. This hotel has been under new ownership for close to a year now and we are actively improving the physical state of the property and other guest concerns. We truly thank you for your review as it is feed back from guests like yourself that allow us to improve. We hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation and we thank you again
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is an older hotel, which is very typical for this area. I have stayed at the Best Western and Holiday inn, both right across the street from the Ramada. The Ramada is my new favorite of the three,

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that we are now your preferred place to stay while in Florida City. We look forward to your next stay with us!
Sanford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Breakfast was poor quality. Furthermore, one morning I came at 9:00am and found some items are already finished. No fruits were included in the breakfast (except one day I found few apple!).

Hotel room is very old but it was clean! Entrance to the room from outside not from the lobby. I had some security question in my mind but nothing happened to my stay.

Peoples in the reception were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

IHRMC_Manager, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast did not meet your standards and hope that will not detere you from staying with us next time you are in Florida City. Thank you again

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!