“price was right” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 hotels in Florida City
Brisbane, Australia
“price was right”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Stayed overnight on way back from Key West. Managed to get a king bed ( I'm 6ft 5.) after told none available and we started to walk out. Room was comfortable and clean. We used the room saver discount book so it ended up reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

389 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We won 2 rooms via Priceline.
My travelmate was here last year and was happy to win this hotel.
It was just for our first nite after arrival in Miami from Europe before traveling to Key West.
The rooms were clean and everything was there.
If we are in the area in future it is a serious option to stay here again, specially for the Priceline price we paid.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

We had to keep expenses down and the reviews I read about this hotel were okay. We stayed 5 days.
The room was nice although the carpet was extremely dirty. I wore slippers or shoes in the room. I stepped on the carpet once in my barefeet and you could feel the grime. We mentioned it on checkout day and were told that the carpet gets cleaned every 6 months but this hotel gets a lot of construction workers staying there.
I had trouble with the internet connection but it might have been my computer. My boyfriend had no problems with his laptop hooking up to the wireless connection offered.
Breakfast was ok. Fake scrambled eggs with a breakfast meat, waffles, the usual variety of pastries, cereals, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc.
I thought the location was great! We found out we were minutes from anything we wanted which was very convenient.
As my title states, it was ok, I would probably stay here again although I would check out other properties now that I'm more familiar with the area but overall it wasn't bad.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

It's a Ramada Inn, so don't expect much. The motel is old and not well kept up. Breakfast doesn't add much to the experience. Close to the everglades national park and check in and out were quick and easy. We expected it to be cleaner.

• Stayed May 2011
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

The TV remote didn't work even after fresh batteries. The sheets did not fit the bed and were stained. The carpet was filthy. Towels had holes in them. Breakfast was adequate at best. The coffee was mediocre.

• Stayed March 2011
Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

The non-smoking room we had smelled like an ashtray, which is torturous for those of us who don't smoke and have young children. The place was full so there was no other room available. The room is not as "disgusting" as some of the other reviewers suggest. Perhaps we got lucky. The room was OK. No different than any other cheap motels. I actually expected more from Ramada since I've stayed in some really great quality Ramada before. This one is definitely not worth the Ramada brand. The WIFI and the corded internet access did not work for me on the two nights I stayed there. I told the clerk and he said they'll be bringing the IT guy to look into it. It was never resolved.

I gave this model two stars because of the wonderful service and the better than average breakfast. The front desk receptionists were very helpful and professional. Buffet style breakfast offer a lot of choices. Those are the only two positive things about this place. The location is great since it sits at the gateway to the Keys. We probably will try to look for another place to stay the next time I come to Florida City. It is not worth the money to inhale those toxic cancerous fume smokers leave behind.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We had planned to stay in this hotel for 4-6 months depending how long the job in the area lasted. We are a family of 4 my husband, our 4 year old son, 1 year old daughter and myself. We were there for an hour when I noticed my daughters feet were filthy! She was crawling on the floor and when I picked her up I noticed the tops of her feet and the knees of her pants were black from dirt. I complained to the sales manager and we were moved to another room after that room had the carpet cleaned. Well the manager just rented a shampooer and had one of the staff shampoo the carpet when he should have hired a professional carpet cleaning company. The floor was a little cleaner but not by much. We ruined so many socks, pants and pajamas there. Finally we decided that since it was filthy we might as well move to another hotel and save $200 a week. I will say this for them the beds were comfortable, if you don't have kids and you always keep your feet covered then this hotel will be ok. Another thing the eggs were like rubber the bacon was so burnt it was crumbled into small pieces and just not worth eating. There was an orange on top of their fruit stand that was 100% covered in mold! How could the lady not notice that while she carried it out to the counter?? It was right there on the very top! So gross! I know some of you might not believe me on this but I am telling the truth and I even have videos of this. I was appalled at how dirty it was and was planning to send the video to their corporate office. No work out room, no business center no elevator no hot tub and no laundry facility.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
miguel43, Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
I wanted to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. Since you left we have brought in a professional carpet cleaning service to clean the carpets of our rooms. We take great pride in the appearance of our hotel rooms and do the best we can to clean them in a thorough manner. Each hotel room is vacumed daily. Due to the proximity of our hotel to the Florida Everglades, many of our guests take advantage of the trails and hiking opportunities that the Everglades has to offer. Sometimes dirt and mud gets on the soles of the shoes and is tracked into the hotel. We will continue to monitor the cleanliness of our carpets and bring in the carpet cleaning service more frequently.
Thank-You

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!