“Good location, old motel” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 200 Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
“Good location, old motel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011

It's a Ramada Inn, so don't expect much. The motel is old and not well kept up. Breakfast doesn't add much to the experience. Close to the everglades national park and check in and out were quick and easy. We expected it to be cleaner.

• Stayed May 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

The TV remote didn't work even after fresh batteries. The sheets did not fit the bed and were stained. The carpet was filthy. Towels had holes in them. Breakfast was adequate at best. The coffee was mediocre.

• Stayed March 2011

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Pleasanton, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

The non-smoking room we had smelled like an ashtray, which is torturous for those of us who don't smoke and have young children. The place was full so there was no other room available. The room is not as "disgusting" as some of the other reviewers suggest. Perhaps we got lucky. The room was OK. No different than any other cheap motels. I actually expected more from Ramada since I've stayed in some really great quality Ramada before. This one is definitely not worth the Ramada brand. The WIFI and the corded internet access did not work for me on the two nights I stayed there. I told the clerk and he said they'll be bringing the IT guy to look into it. It was never resolved.

I gave this model two stars because of the wonderful service and the better than average breakfast. The front desk receptionists were very helpful and professional. Buffet style breakfast offer a lot of choices. Those are the only two positive things about this place. The location is great since it sits at the gateway to the Keys. We probably will try to look for another place to stay the next time I come to Florida City. It is not worth the money to inhale those toxic cancerous fume smokers leave behind.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Florida City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We had planned to stay in this hotel for 4-6 months depending how long the job in the area lasted. We are a family of 4 my husband, our 4 year old son, 1 year old daughter and myself. We were there for an hour when I noticed my daughters feet were filthy! She was crawling on the floor and when I picked her up I noticed the tops of her feet and the knees of her pants were black from dirt. I complained to the sales manager and we were moved to another room after that room had the carpet cleaned. Well the manager just rented a shampooer and had one of the staff shampoo the carpet when he should have hired a professional carpet cleaning company. The floor was a little cleaner but not by much. We ruined so many socks, pants and pajamas there. Finally we decided that since it was filthy we might as well move to another hotel and save $200 a week. I will say this for them the beds were comfortable, if you don't have kids and you always keep your feet covered then this hotel will be ok. Another thing the eggs were like rubber the bacon was so burnt it was crumbled into small pieces and just not worth eating. There was an orange on top of their fruit stand that was 100% covered in mold! How could the lady not notice that while she carried it out to the counter?? It was right there on the very top! So gross! I know some of you might not believe me on this but I am telling the truth and I even have videos of this. I was appalled at how dirty it was and was planning to send the video to their corporate office. No work out room, no business center no elevator no hot tub and no laundry facility.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
miguel43, Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, January 21, 2011
Dear Guest,
I wanted to apologize for your less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. Since you left we have brought in a professional carpet cleaning service to clean the carpets of our rooms. We take great pride in the appearance of our hotel rooms and do the best we can to clean them in a thorough manner. Each hotel room is vacumed daily. Due to the proximity of our hotel to the Florida Everglades, many of our guests take advantage of the trails and hiking opportunities that the Everglades has to offer. Sometimes dirt and mud gets on the soles of the shoes and is tracked into the hotel. We will continue to monitor the cleanliness of our carpets and bring in the carpet cleaning service more frequently.
Thank-You
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Awful hotel. There is a dearth of accomodations in Florida City, so we ended up in the Ramada. Bad choice. The rooms are dirty (we had to change rooms since the first was too dirty to start with - second was somewhat better, but still disgusting), and everything is old and not well mantained. Housekeeping is a mess. Breakfast is sad - room with very few places and a crowd trying to eat. If you get there 30 minutes before closing time, be prepared to eat leftovers, if lucky. Surprisingly, most of the front desk staff was nice and helpful in general (surprise surprise!), but this is not enough. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
uqbar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2010

We stayed in this hotel one night, in the morning of Dec. 21st 2010. Miguel Waldo was a manager. He was very rude and xenophobic. Rooms are advertised for 4, but even for two of us our room seemed to be very small. Also, the hotel is situated on an intersection of very busy streets, so be aware about street noise. Neighborhood is not safe as well.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
miguel43, Manager at Ramada Florida City, responded to this review, January 12, 2011
I wanted to respond to this review because I take offense to being called xenophobic. I must be honest and admit that I did not know what this word means. It means " to have a fear of foreigners". I did not know whether to laugh or be mad. First of all I am from Puerto Rico and therefore many people consider me a foreigner. Second, my wife is from Austria so she too is a foreignor. If I had a fear of foreignors I would not have married my wife. I asked the guest where they where from and that is when they took offense. I ask all the guests I come in contact with where they are from since I find it interesting and we like to track where our guests are coming from. This gives us an opportunity to provide marketing promotions to those areas.
In regards to being on a busy street, this is correct. Our hotel is on US1 which is considered to be the "Gateway to the Florida Keys". The neighborhood is quite safe and in the heart of the Florida Everglades.
Poznan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Clean, neat, not small motel on the main road between Miami and Florida Keys. The entrances to the rooms is from gallery directly from the parking. The rooms are large and comfortable. Beds are huge. The price includes breakfast buffet, the selection is large, the food very good. In the surrounding area of motel there is nothing interesting. For me this motel was only the starting point for the Everglades and the Florida Keys.

• Stayed March 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We take great pride in the appearance of our hotel and the service provided by our employees. We hope next time you are in the area you stay with us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#4 of 16 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 334 reviews

Been to Ramada Florida City? Share your experiences!