“fresh and new” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Inn

You added Budget Host Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 N. Krome Ave, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Rodeway)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“fresh and new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

recent remodel/refurbish evident, very clean, comfortable bed and well furnished. strong wifi signal and very nice shower flow with plenty of hot water. gave me decent price as walk up even tho it was "season". so what's not to like- toast and juice/coffee or breakfast, surrounded by south florida fruit stands and not a single piece of fruit nor was there any proteins and the towels were pretty chintzy too, so had to downgrade them, staff was very friendly and efficient
very convenient to everglades and keys

Room Tip: I had room 104
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I would like to share my positive experience about double charges fighting with this hotel. We were double charged from this hotel (see please review from my husband nikbaturin below). Moreover, through the trip adviser reviews we found that this this often practice of the hotel, we found at least three similar complaints. We contacted the hotel administration and got promise to investigate the situation and return the wrongful charge. DO NOT BELIEVE THEM; this is just wasting of time. They asked us wait for manager returning from important trip, evidence of double charges, credit card information … At the end we had fake confirmation of money return, and not a penny of real return.
Our advice:
We made this reservation with the help of Orbitz. We complained to Orbitz through Better Business Bureau and it worked immediately. After receiving evidences of double charges, Orbitz immediately returned wrongful charge with proper regrets.
On trip adviser we found a lot of complains about sanitation and dirt of this hotel. Of course, information on trip adviser is very helpful, but does not work directly and fast. The fastest way to make this hotel acceptable is to complain directly to Florida Division of Hotels and Restaurants licenses. www.MyFloridaLicense.com It is its responsibility to make management run this hotel not as a chip dirty barrack, but as a normal low-cost hotel. And it looks like that the hotel already had some problem with this Division and afraid a lot any repeats.

Madison, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I staid in this hotel for several days around New Year 2014. We picked up this one, because others were too expensive for us at this extremely high time. Unfortunately we spent more money, than we expected. We were charged twice for the same stay. Orbitz charged us at booking time, and hotel charged us separately.
We found this later. Communicated with Orbitz and hotel management. Management promised to investigate situation and return wrongful charge. Unfortunately it was wasting of time. They did not keep their own promises, and later just stopped responding.
Be aware of unappropriated business of this hotel.

Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I paid for two nights and did not stay the second night. I would rather forgo the second prepaid night than stay another night in that unsafe, dirty motel. I am not kidding when the manager said, "I put you in room 102 where I can keep an eye on you." After that he handed me my labeled remote control with the appropriate room number taped upon the back. This place was so dirty that I would not remove my sandals due to the deep stains in the carpet. The doors to the bathroom were full of handprints, and the wall of the bathroom had been repaired and drywalled but had not been repainted. Throughout the night, I could hear homeless, pushing their shopping carts outside my door. Bottom line- unsafe, unsanitary and cheap!! Pay a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. I am used staying at budget hotels/motels, but this motel tops my list of terrible places to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Definitely for the budget conscious.
Rooms show their age but overall we were satisfied with our stay.
The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and personable.

Nothing special, but for one night it fit the bill. My partner and I agreed we would stay again

Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Average in every way.
Clean, absolutely no bugs.
Comfortable bed.
Family owned.
I paid $50.84 (including taxes).
-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we entered the room it was incredibly hot in there and the smell was terrible! The bathroom was really nasty! We tried not to touch anything because it was really nasty... It is very cheap so we didn't expect much luxury, but for me the only thing important is higiene! And in this hotel it was difficult to find that... the bed was awfull aswell, we didn't sleep well! I think in this case it's better to spend a little more money and stay at a cleaner place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!