“Be aware!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Inn

You added Budget Host Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 N. Krome Ave, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Rodeway)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Santa Clarita, California
“Be aware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I paid for two nights and did not stay the second night. I would rather forgo the second prepaid night than stay another night in that unsafe, dirty motel. I am not kidding when the manager said, "I put you in room 102 where I can keep an eye on you." After that he handed me my labeled remote control with the appropriate room number taped upon the back. This place was so dirty that I would not remove my sandals due to the deep stains in the carpet. The doors to the bathroom were full of handprints, and the wall of the bathroom had been repaired and drywalled but had not been repainted. Throughout the night, I could hear homeless, pushing their shopping carts outside my door. Bottom line- unsafe, unsanitary and cheap!! Pay a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else. I am used staying at budget hotels/motels, but this motel tops my list of terrible places to sleep.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Definitely for the budget conscious.
Rooms show their age but overall we were satisfied with our stay.
The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and personable.

Nothing special, but for one night it fit the bill. My partner and I agreed we would stay again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Average in every way.
Clean, absolutely no bugs.
Comfortable bed.
Family owned.
I paid $50.84 (including taxes).
-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

When we entered the room it was incredibly hot in there and the smell was terrible! The bathroom was really nasty! We tried not to touch anything because it was really nasty... It is very cheap so we didn't expect much luxury, but for me the only thing important is higiene! And in this hotel it was difficult to find that... the bed was awfull aswell, we didn't sleep well! I think in this case it's better to spend a little more money and stay at a cleaner place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

So many bad things about this place where do I start.

1. I was double charged. The first night I paid for the whole four night stay with my credit card. The next day they charged my credit card again for the whole stay. I immediately went to the office and they said "sorry, our mistake," however, after two weeks and many phone calls I had to ask my credit card company to challenge the charge. The manager would not take phone calls and did not return phone calls. The staff kept saying it was their mistake but that the manager would not reverse the charges. He is a crook. I am very polite so he was just avoiding me. You have to wonder how many people get ripped off with this scam.

2. This is a very bad part of town. A prostitute approached my 15 year old son outside our room the first night and ran away when I confronted her.

3. The maintenance man left our door open after he removed some of the broken furniture in our room. Our door was wide open when we came back from our day trip. The staff said "sorry, but we are not responsible."

I really wanted to like this place because it is cheap and we just wanted a place to crash while we went to Key Largo to scuba dive each day, however, I recommend you stay away from this place. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay, this is cheap but I would recommend spending a few extra bucks for something better.

Bad area in town. Our room hadn't even been cleaned--had to get a new room. Dead roaches and ants everywhere, the towels feel like sandpaper, our sink faucet nearly came off because it's so loose, the shower barely works, the bedsheets had stains, etc.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Venice, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This motel is in a seedy part of town. The breakfast is cheap white bread, and some cut up chocolate chip muffins from the day old store. Cheap coffee and some reconstituted juice. Not worth the trip to the office to get it. Bead was broken down and carpet dirty. No plug in bath tub for kids to take a bath, had to put a foam cup for a plug in tub. If money is the only concern than this may work for you, but for a few extra bucks your much better off staying some where else.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!