So many bad things about this place where do I start.
1. I was double charged. The first night I paid for the whole four night stay with my credit card. The next day they charged my credit card again for the whole stay. I immediately went to the office and they said "sorry, our mistake," however, after two weeks and many phone calls I had to ask my credit card company to challenge the charge. The manager would not take phone calls and did not return phone calls. The staff kept saying it was their mistake but that the manager would not reverse the charges. He is a crook. I am very polite so he was just avoiding me. You have to wonder how many people get ripped off with this scam.
2. This is a very bad part of town. A prostitute approached my 15 year old son outside our room the first night and ran away when I confronted her.
3. The maintenance man left our door open after he removed some of the broken furniture in our room. Our door was wide open when we came back from our day trip. The staff said "sorry, but we are not responsible."
I really wanted to like this place because it is cheap and we just wanted a place to crash while we went to Key Largo to scuba dive each day, however, I recommend you stay away from this place. Pay a little extra and stay somewhere else.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Budget Host Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Budget Host Hotel Florida City