“Staff could learn about Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Inn

You added Budget Host Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 N. Krome Ave, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Rodeway)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Colorado
“Staff could learn about Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Place is old and and not relay being updated. Our room was not too (broken furniture) but fairly clean (the main thing for me). Upon check in the staff was rude, could not bother to even hang-up the phone when he was talking to his friend in Indian. By the way he was talking, it was clear was not on a customer call.

Location is good, as I was doing a trip to the National Park.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I don't like to run anywhere down but stayed here for one night on our journey to the Everglades and Naples and was very, very disappointed. I expected it to be clean at the least -it wasn't and in the corner of the bathroom were hairs not hoovered up, the bed smelt of cats and the breakfast was very basic - white bread toasted and coffee - no complaints there but it could all have looked much more inviting. I would urge the owner to give attention to providing a CLEAN environment and then would have no complaint as it was the cheapest place we stayed.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I'll looked for a cheap stay near the Keys and the Everglades and chose Budget Host Inn. The room itself was clean but bathrooms could need new fittings. Bed clothes and towels could also be cleaner. One towel had holes in it. All in all it was OK but it could be a bit cleaner. If you're looking for a cheap stay near Everglades National Park and you're not looking for 5 Stars this could be your chose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Clean and spacious rooms. Good service and very poor breakfast. Do not take food from breakfast. High-speed Internet. A good starting point for Key West, where it is expensive. We spent two nights here. The advantages also include a gas station and close to the supermarket, where it is cheap.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Torch Key
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

After reading reviews, we were expecting the worst. We were pleasantly surprised! Room was clean, beds were firm, Satellite tv was great, front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Highlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We needed somewhere to stay overnight in this area to break the journey from Key West to Naples. Armed with our discount voucher booklet, this was our second choice - the first place declined to accept the voucher price. However, with hindsight, I think we would have been better there!
Our room was spacious and we had no particular cause for complaint; and certainly no "horror stories" like some recent reviewers.
However, having visited this place about 20 years ago (name then now forgotten) when we and friends felt it was outstanding, it was disappointing to see how far things had slipped. For example, it was impossible to find a chair/lounger at the pool that was not broken and/or dirty looking.
Also, my wife was not impressed at being wakened at a very early hour by noisy departing bikers. (Happily, I am deaf!).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

When I first arrived on 4/3/12 my first impression of the place was "what the hell did I get myself into". The manager didn't even greet me at the front desk, he was so rude and irate because I checked-in late and he'd already fallen asleep in the back room. He argued and tried to charge me extra because I was accompanied by my children, he even tried to convince me the room was booked for 2 adults. Mind you, prior to check-in I had called 3 days prior to my stay there to simply confirm my accomadations, I was told my reservation was all set and ready for my family. My original reservation had called for 7 nights but after what i've encountered after 1 night I decided this was not a place for me and my family. The place smelled bad, the tub was dirty, the lamps didn't work due to dead lightbulbs, the room was dusty, the pillow cases were filthy, the blankets on the beds looked as if they were dugged out of a garbage, it was full of holes from cigarette burns. Upon waking up the next morning, there was no complimentary breakfast as stated on their web page (false advertising), the service/place was just horrible. When I demanded a refund for the remainder days (6), the manager gave me the run around and advised me to contact priceline because I booked through them. After speaking to a priceline rep I was informed due to the time of cancellation, the manager has the right to charge me for 2 extra nights. I didn't understand the concept, I was livid and felt this was unfair. I proceeded to call the cops in an effort to get this matter rectified. I only stayed at their ghetto motel for 1 night and I was being charged for 2 extra nights inwhich I did not occupy.

This is a family based motel and so the dad along with his son (manager/asst. mngr) treated me and my family like crap, they were irate by the fact that I was cancelling early. The dad covered the help window with a towel so that he wouldn't look at my face as I continued to plea my case, he refused to further assist me and told me repeatedly to take my family and to "go to sleep". They refused to answer the phone when the priceline rep called to confirm that I was checking-out after 1 night in an effort to supply a refund. In conclusion, after the cops talked to them and suggested that they answer the phone in order to wrap this case up. Finally, they were able to confirm that my stay at their motel was only one night.

OMG this was the absolute worst experience i've ever had especially when I was confronted in front of my children. These people are careless, prejudice and is all about making a quick buck, they have no people skills, lack of mannerism when dealing with the public. I hope this review comes in handy before deciding to stay at this hell hole.

Room Tip: "Don't even bother to stay at this location"