“Poor rooms. Near Everglades Park.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Budget Host Inn

Save Saved
You added Budget Host Inn to your Saves list
Budget Host Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   815 N. Krome Ave, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Rodeway)   |
Ranked #9 of 12 hotels in Florida City
“Poor rooms. Near Everglades Park.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I'll looked for a cheap stay near the Keys and the Everglades and chose Budget Host Inn. The room itself was clean but bathrooms could need new fittings. Bed clothes and towels could also be cleaner. One towel had holes in it. All in all it was OK but it could be a bit cleaner. If you're looking for a cheap stay near Everglades National Park and you're not looking for 5 Stars this could be your chose.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Clean and spacious rooms. Good service and very poor breakfast. Do not take food from breakfast. High-speed Internet. A good starting point for Key West, where it is expensive. We spent two nights here. The advantages also include a gas station and close to the supermarket, where it is cheap.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Torch Key
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

After reading reviews, we were expecting the worst. We were pleasantly surprised! Room was clean, beds were firm, Satellite tv was great, front desk staff was very friendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Highlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We needed somewhere to stay overnight in this area to break the journey from Key West to Naples. Armed with our discount voucher booklet, this was our second choice - the first place declined to accept the voucher price. However, with hindsight, I think we would have been better there!
Our room was spacious and we had no particular cause for complaint; and certainly no "horror stories" like some recent reviewers.
However, having visited this place about 20 years ago (name then now forgotten) when we and friends felt it was outstanding, it was disappointing to see how far things had slipped. For example, it was impossible to find a chair/lounger at the pool that was not broken and/or dirty looking.
Also, my wife was not impressed at being wakened at a very early hour by noisy departing bikers. (Happily, I am deaf!).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

When I first arrived on 4/3/12 my first impression of the place was "what the hell did I get myself into". The manager didn't even greet me at the front desk, he was so rude and irate because I checked-in late and he'd already fallen asleep in the back room. He argued and tried to charge me extra because I was accompanied by my children, he even tried to convince me the room was booked for 2 adults. Mind you, prior to check-in I had called 3 days prior to my stay there to simply confirm my accomadations, I was told my reservation was all set and ready for my family. My original reservation had called for 7 nights but after what i've encountered after 1 night I decided this was not a place for me and my family. The place smelled bad, the tub was dirty, the lamps didn't work due to dead lightbulbs, the room was dusty, the pillow cases were filthy, the blankets on the beds looked as if they were dugged out of a garbage, it was full of holes from cigarette burns. Upon waking up the next morning, there was no complimentary breakfast as stated on their web page (false advertising), the service/place was just horrible. When I demanded a refund for the remainder days (6), the manager gave me the run around and advised me to contact priceline because I booked through them. After speaking to a priceline rep I was informed due to the time of cancellation, the manager has the right to charge me for 2 extra nights. I didn't understand the concept, I was livid and felt this was unfair. I proceeded to call the cops in an effort to get this matter rectified. I only stayed at their ghetto motel for 1 night and I was being charged for 2 extra nights inwhich I did not occupy.

This is a family based motel and so the dad along with his son (manager/asst. mngr) treated me and my family like crap, they were irate by the fact that I was cancelling early. The dad covered the help window with a towel so that he wouldn't look at my face as I continued to plea my case, he refused to further assist me and told me repeatedly to take my family and to "go to sleep". They refused to answer the phone when the priceline rep called to confirm that I was checking-out after 1 night in an effort to supply a refund. In conclusion, after the cops talked to them and suggested that they answer the phone in order to wrap this case up. Finally, they were able to confirm that my stay at their motel was only one night.

OMG this was the absolute worst experience i've ever had especially when I was confronted in front of my children. These people are careless, prejudice and is all about making a quick buck, they have no people skills, lack of mannerism when dealing with the public. I hope this review comes in handy before deciding to stay at this hell hole.

Room Tip: "Don't even bother to stay at this location"
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Peterborough, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

This motel is a disgrace.A garbage container outside our room was overflowing when we arrived at 1.30pm and was the same way when we checked out the next day. The taps in the bathroom sink were sitting loose on the sink and could both be lifted out. I mentioned it to the owner because it could easily have flooded the room but I was ignored.The ceiling fixture in the bathroom was falling down.The satellite signal went out while we were watching the TV and was still off the next morning. We called twice to see if it was just our room and were told curtly it would be back on soon.I was told I did not know how to use the remote when I mentioned it at checkout time....and I should have called. For this dump we were charged $180.00 for the one night. It was March break and we had a dog but even so it was just 20 dollars less than the beautiful waterside motel we stayed at on Marco Island the next night. No motel should be in this sorry state but to have an argumentative owner as well does not do the area's motel industry an goo. On top of this, free breakfast consisted of some gooey things in a plastic container, some old looking bread and a filthy old toaster. It was enough to make anyone sick. The juice and coffee looked OK.... but that's about the only good thing I can find to say about this horrible excuse for a motel.

Room Tip: Avoid this Budget Host Inn in Florida Inn!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

On a visit to the Everglades from northern Florida, a friend and I were looking for a place to spend the night before visiting day. This motel was adequate. Rooms were clean, the staff friendly and helpful. Beds were soft but OK. Well situated, with a very good Italian restaurant right next door. Breakfast was minimal (toast, coffee and muffins). There was a swimming pool that we didn't try. At the time I searched hotels in the area, they had the best prices.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Budget Host Inn? Share your experiences!