“Great Stop before or after the Keys” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 SE 1st Avenue, US Hwy #1, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Florida City
Moses Lake, WA
“Great Stop before or after the Keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great location right off the highway, with gas station & restaurants near by. We stayed on our way to the Keys and on our way back. Clean, large rooms, comfortable beds, coffee maker, hair dryer & friendly, helpful staff. Much better value than in the Keys & lobby had discount booklets to many tourist spots in the Keys.
Free breakfast was offered from 6-9, I believe, but we were unable to try because of still adjusting to the time difference (West to East) we weren't up & around in time. (Maybe extend it an hour or so to accommodate those traveling from the west coast)
Nice to have free, quick Wi-Fi to upload pictures from our day in the Keys to share with family & friends back home.
No elevators, limited parking spots for rooms on backside of building with outdoor entrances. There was another building with inside corridor entrances.

Room Tip: One building has outside entrances and the other has inside corridors. No elevators!

393 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Baldwin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Front desk receptionists were extremely helpful. They offered us many suggestions / menus for nearby eating places. Nice, refreshing pool. Enjoyable breakfast with many selections. Good location and value. This was a great quality room for the price.

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Very clean with nice huge rooms and great bathrooms. The beds were comfortable. The best room for the price I have ever received. Great value!Great staff and ample parking.I felt safe. Spent the night there on way home from Key West.The first hotel past the Keys going north or last hotel before Keys going south. If you are going to any key close by then,,,,, you would be wise to stay here if value is needed.The hotels in the Keys cost 4 x's as much and up.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Making round trip in USA and staying in such type of hotels, I am writing for the first time Review because this is the motel I was satisfied for the quality for the price we paid. Towels were white, usually you see them slightly yellow. Breakfast was nice, we had an opportunity to bake hot waffles ourselves. The final price for the room of two was 90$ with the view on the pool

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The place was old, but nice looking. The room was very clean except for the carpet. The front desk receptionists were very nice and very accommodating despite a manager who was not too nice. Overall, it was average. It's not the Ritz by any means, but it's pretty cheap and has good amenities.

• Stayed March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

good clean, well maintained facility apparently built after the last huge hurricane went through. expedia messed up reservation, however, management complied with our non-smoking room request. referenced a great restaurant for dinner. large facility but plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Winter Springs, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We made our travel arrangements late, so did not have much choice. We used airline miles, which basically gets us a $150 room for a certain number of points. This Quality Inn was $89. We were travelling with two adults and two children - and our reservation reflected that.

At check-in, we were greeted by Sutki (spelling is likely not correct) who we later learned was the property GM. As he looked up our reservation, I asked for a suggested nearby location to take an air boat ride. He told us to go to the Everglades visitor center as he did not know of any. I was shocked, especially when I learned he was the GM, and later learned there is only one in that area of The Everglades.

Anyway, he pulls up our reservation asks how many are in the room, I say 4, and he tells me it is $10 extra for each child. I explained that I made the reservations for four and that it was using frequent flier points. He didn't care. First, he told me to make another reservation and he'd show me what I did wrong. Instead, I called my credit card company to settle it. So, they confirmed quickly that my reservation was correctly for four people. He then lectured Capital One and then Travelocity, for thirty minutes about how their systems needed improvement - all the while, making us wait.

I was shocked by his attitude towards me - he clearly didn't care if we stayed there, and unfortunately, we could not cancel due to our last minute reservation. His service is the worst I ever have received at a hotel and this was from a GM!

We were now 40 minutes late, so we threw our bags in the room and headed for the attractions, arriving back at the hotel after 10:00 PM. When we flipped on the lights, we realized how bad the room was. Unfortunately, we were stuck.

Their were stains on the walls, a ripped cushion in our chair, an nasty burn/stain on the table, a plastic trash bag used as insulation in the window and the room was just generally run down. The next morning, we noticed trash under one of the beds, including a tampon and beer cap. I have attached pictures - unbelievable.

The worst service I've ever received and the dirtiest room I've stayed in. Not only will I never stay here again, I will not ever stay in a Quality Inn, if this type of GM is acceptable to the chain. An absolute embarrassment to the service industry.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else, sleep in your car, or under an overpass before you stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!