“Good price performance vs. quality” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 SE 1st Avenue, US Hwy #1, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Florida City
“Good price performance vs. quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Making round trip in USA and staying in such type of hotels, I am writing for the first time Review because this is the motel I was satisfied for the quality for the price we paid. Towels were white, usually you see them slightly yellow. Breakfast was nice, we had an opportunity to bake hot waffles ourselves. The final price for the room of two was 90$ with the view on the pool

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

396 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The place was old, but nice looking. The room was very clean except for the carpet. The front desk receptionists were very nice and very accommodating despite a manager who was not too nice. Overall, it was average. It's not the Ritz by any means, but it's pretty cheap and has good amenities.

• Stayed March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

good clean, well maintained facility apparently built after the last huge hurricane went through. expedia messed up reservation, however, management complied with our non-smoking room request. referenced a great restaurant for dinner. large facility but plenty of parking.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Winter Springs, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We made our travel arrangements late, so did not have much choice. We used airline miles, which basically gets us a $150 room for a certain number of points. This Quality Inn was $89. We were travelling with two adults and two children - and our reservation reflected that.

At check-in, we were greeted by Sutki (spelling is likely not correct) who we later learned was the property GM. As he looked up our reservation, I asked for a suggested nearby location to take an air boat ride. He told us to go to the Everglades visitor center as he did not know of any. I was shocked, especially when I learned he was the GM, and later learned there is only one in that area of The Everglades.

Anyway, he pulls up our reservation asks how many are in the room, I say 4, and he tells me it is $10 extra for each child. I explained that I made the reservations for four and that it was using frequent flier points. He didn't care. First, he told me to make another reservation and he'd show me what I did wrong. Instead, I called my credit card company to settle it. So, they confirmed quickly that my reservation was correctly for four people. He then lectured Capital One and then Travelocity, for thirty minutes about how their systems needed improvement - all the while, making us wait.

I was shocked by his attitude towards me - he clearly didn't care if we stayed there, and unfortunately, we could not cancel due to our last minute reservation. His service is the worst I ever have received at a hotel and this was from a GM!

We were now 40 minutes late, so we threw our bags in the room and headed for the attractions, arriving back at the hotel after 10:00 PM. When we flipped on the lights, we realized how bad the room was. Unfortunately, we were stuck.

Their were stains on the walls, a ripped cushion in our chair, an nasty burn/stain on the table, a plastic trash bag used as insulation in the window and the room was just generally run down. The next morning, we noticed trash under one of the beds, including a tampon and beer cap. I have attached pictures - unbelievable.

The worst service I've ever received and the dirtiest room I've stayed in. Not only will I never stay here again, I will not ever stay in a Quality Inn, if this type of GM is acceptable to the chain. An absolute embarrassment to the service industry.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else, sleep in your car, or under an overpass before you stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My son and I stayed a few different nights at this hotel during a busy trip, so all we did was sleep in the room. Our three different non-smoking rooms smelled fresh and were clean. The beds were comfortable, there was plenty of hot water for showers, and the breakfast was decent. The staff was very friendly. This is not a luxury hotel by any means, but for under $100 per night during spring break it was a good deal. It's very conveniently located for exploring the Everglades or heading to the Keys.

Room Tip: We stayed in the two-story building across the parking lot from where you check in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Didn't ask for a smoking room, but was forced to stay in one (even after I told them about my asthma). There was a used towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door that had never been taken away from the last guest. The smoke smell in the room was awful. Canceled my remaining three nights and booked across the street at a lower price.

• Stayed March 2013
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during a birding expedition to the Everglades. The hotel is located near lots of restaurants. Because it is back in from US1, it isn't very noisy. The parking lot only has one way in and out. The room was comfortable but the carpet didn't look very clean. The wifi worked well. We had an accessible room with a large bathroom and a hand-held shower head.

The king-sized bed was very comfortable and there were lots of pillows.

There were a lot of hot and cold breakfast choices.

Room Tip: There are wheelchair accessible rooms on the ground floor with large bathrooms with higher toilets...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!