“Place to stay for Everglades and on the way to the Keys” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates starting at $54!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Newark, Delaware
“Place to stay for Everglades and on the way to the Keys”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Fairway does a good job for a local budget motel. The customer service, particularly Jay at the desk were great and very accommodating. The mattress were new, comfortable and we'll kept. The room is a bit dated, but new TVs helps keep it at a better than average level for a low cost room. We were concerned with the door to the room not shutting and a very big gap under the door that could easily let in the critters of southern Florida, but the staff was great and moved out room without an hesitation. Overall, safe and clean.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thanks for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor and for highlighting our friendly staff and clean rooms.

I am happy to hear that Jay from our front office staff took such great care of you. Jay is a valued member of our team and we are very lucky to have her. I will forward your kind comments to her.

I am also happy to hear that the staff was able to take care of your issue with the room door. We are currently working on replacing the weather seals around each door and have already replaced the weather seals on 40 rooms.

We are focused on providing the best possible value to our guest and by value we mean for $59 you get a standard room (in the offseason) with FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast with hot waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, yogurt, donuts, and hot chocolate, FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

-Shaun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My family and I have been traveling to Florida several times a summer to scuba dive for years. My brother had a fatal scuba accident last week and I booked an emergency trip to take care of my brothers arrangements home. As you can imagine this is not a relaxing vacation but I needed to let you know that Jay and Carlos have been so pleasant and helpful that I am going to make sure this is our hotel each time we travel to Florida. I'm sorry we found this hotel under these circumstances but I'm sure glad we now know where to stay for a very clean room, pleasant employees and the best service in Florida! Can't wait to bring my family here.

Room Tip: The way this hotel is setup they have rooms upstairs that are a little quieter and more private and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel, especially given the circumstances under which you were visiting us. I'm happy to hear that Jay and Carlos were able to take care of you during your stay and that you enjoyed our clean rooms.

I look forward to seeing you again under better circumstances. Next time you are in town, feel free to email me about our repeat customer discount.

pensacola
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We had a great stay at the Fairway Inn. The place is very affordable and clean. Jay at the front desk was very helpful and even provided us with a great dinner recommendation! It's awesome to find good customer service.

• Stayed July 2014
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. We appreciate the recognition of our clean rooms, great prices, and friendly staff.

I'm very happy to hear that Jay from our front office staff took such great care of you and even recommended a great spot for dinner. Jay is a valued member of our team and I will certainly forward you comments to her.

I hope to see you soon.

Remember, for hassle free reservations and the best available rates in town, book directly through us by calling 1-888-340-4734, visiting our website, or emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com. Feel free to ask about our repeat customer discount when you book directly through the hotel.

Heywood, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Although this hotel is flanked by roads on three sides it is extremely quiet. Woke up to hear the birds singing! Tonysha on reception is the most attentive, professional and friendly attendent I've ever met. Room was in need of an update but clean. Plenty of amenities close by.

Room Tip: Stay in Block 3
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. Thanks also for mentioning our clean rooms and friendly staff.

I will forward your kind comments to Tynisha who is one of the newest members of our front office staff. We are really happy to have her on board and appreciate her enthusiasm and hard work.

We are currently in the process of renovating all of our rooms. The first 40 rooms are complete and I am excited that guest can now book one of these recently renovated premium rooms for a slight premium (usually $10 more per night) by visiting our website, emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com, or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel was a great location for the several day trips we made to the Keys. It was very inexpensive, also clean and well maintained. The office staff were friendly and helpful (Tynisha, Jay, and others). Our family really enjoyed the breakfast provided each morning (eggs, waffles, toast, donuts, juice, coffee, etc.). Laundry machines and ice machine on site were quite helpful. It was pretty well lit, with what appeared to be on site security staff at night. Our initial one night stay turned into four ... we recommend it and will plan on staying here again during our next vacation to the Keys.

• Stayed July 2014
Wow, can't ask for a better review. Thanks for the great review and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. We appreciate the recognition of our friendly staff, clean rooms, complimentary hot breakfast, and convenient location near the Florida Keys.

We love our repeat customers and that's why we try to reward them the best way we know how...discounts! Next time you are in town, email me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com or call the hotel at 1-888-340-4734 and we will make sure you get our repeat customer discount.

We hope to see you soon!

Homestead, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

For a budget hotel this is a good choice. Rooms are clean. Linens are decent. Bathroom is decent. Convenient to the Everglades or Keys. Pool is small but better than nothing. Bed was too firm for my taste but others might not mind it. For the money if you're just looking for a quick stopover without frills this is a good bet.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are going to have less road noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for mentioning our clean rooms, great prices, and convenient location near the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park.

Yes, our claim to fame is our friendly staff, convenient location and overall great value. By value we mean for $59 you get a standard room (in the offseason) with FREE WiFi, FREE breakfast with hot waffles, eggs, fresh fruit, warm oatmeal, yogurt, donuts, and hot chocolate, FREE front of room parking, FREE 24-hour coffee/tea in the hotel lobby, FREE use of business center with computer and printer, FREE microwave and refrigerator in each room, and FREE great customer service!

We look forward to seeing you soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one week and it was a very nice experience. The wifi was fast. The breakfast was very good. I had eggs and waffles every day along with fresh juice and very good coffee. The staff that I had any dealings with were excellent. That's from Angel with housekeeping to Katherine and Robert at the front desk. When I first arrived there was a problem with the wifi (due to some storms) the general manager addressed it quickly and I was up and running with no further issues. I also stayed in one of the upgraded rooms. The beds are amazing. Good shower and over all a very nice room. If I had to knit-pick the room needed some pictures on the wall. I believe it is still a work in progress. I will be using this motel for all my future stays in the area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Thanks for sharing your great experience on TripAdvisor and for the highest possible 5/5 rating. We appreciate the mention of our friendly staff, complimentary hot breakfast, fast WiFi, and comfortable beds.

I will forward your kind comments to Angel from our housekeeping staff and Robert and Katherine from our front desk staff. The 3 of them are valued members of our team and we are lucky to have them.

Yes, we are always a work in progress and I am happy you enjoyed one of our recently renovated premium rooms.

Guest can now book one of these recently renovated premium rooms for a slight premium (usually $10 more per night) by visiting our website, emailing me at spatel@fairwayinnfl.com, or by calling 1-888-340-4734. These rooms include wood floors, upgraded light fixtures, new wall paint, new 32-inch flat screen LED TVs, new Simmons BeautyRest plush top mattresses, and upgraded bedding/linen. I consider these rooms the best value in town!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#4 of 16 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 345 reviews

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!