“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Warsaw, Poland
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good location on the south on Miami area, perfect choice for Key West trip and Everglades.
Also good location for shopping - markets are very close.
Room itself is average - standard for USA motel. It is not modern but clean. Breakfast is poor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We take all feedback seriously. As you know, we currently offer a complimentary but limited continental breakfast. The breakfast includes the following:

1. A selection of two juices, usually apple and orange
2. White and wheat toast with butter and mixed fruit jelly
3. A selection of two cereals, usually Cornflakes and Frosted Flakes
4. Blueberry muffin
5. Plain bagel with cream cheese
6. Coffee
7. Milk
8. A fruit offering, usually oranges or apples

We also realize that the breakfast room is small and are exploring ways to expand it. Hopefully, this will be addressed in the next few months.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope we can continue to improve our offering.

Feel free to contact me with any questions.

- Shaun Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I made two separate reservations for June 13th and June 14th. The original reservation was made in January and
then I decided to add another day to my Florida trip so the June 14th reservation was made in May.
These were both prepaid on my Discover card.
When I checked in on the afternoon of the 13th, I requested that the front desk person check me in for
the two nights. She told me that they had just installed a new system and that she did not know how to
do that task. She then suggested that I contact the front desk on the 14th and they would take care of it.
I was not totally comfortable with that, but decided to play along.
The following morning, I went to the front desk and informed the clerk that I was in room 201, had a
separate reservation for the 14th and then asked her if she could check me in for the 14th. She too told
me that they just got a new system and that she didn't know how to do it and that if I wanted to have it
done, I needed to come back at 9:00 AM and speak to the manager. I then informed her that my wife
and I had the day planned in the everglades and that I would not be able to come back at 9:00 so I
needed for her to help me. She then told me, and I quote, 'That's not my problem'. Excuse me? It most
certainly WAS her problem. She then just simply walked away!
I then went back to my room and I was MAD. My wife and I packed up our belongings and loaded
them in the car. I then went into the office, slammed the room key on the counter and informed the
clerk the I was CHECKING OUT!
I have NEVER been treated so rudely by a customer service person in my life!

In subsequent email's with the manager, he apologized and promised a refund. He did not honor the refund and I was forced to pursue it through Discover card who credited my account.

I would NOT recommend the Fairway Inn to ANYONE!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TJTaylor50, Manager at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Larry,

First off let me begin by apologizing for the confusion that was caused by the hotel staff member. It is true that we just had a Property Management System switch that totally made a mess with reservations. None the less you should not have had a non pleasant experience. Even though the corrections I have made with all of my staff will not fix the situation you had. I want you to know that because of what happened, I have removed that individual from our employment.

It would be my pleasure to serve you again, when you come down to our area again.

Yours in Hospitality,

Management
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed hear with my family for 3 nights in August. Pros: Cheap($58 a night with taxes), Close to eateries(drive or walk), Walmart short drive, 25 min drive into Key Largo, 3hr or less drive to Key West, 10 min to Everglades National Park, Almost clean: Everything in the room was clean, except for the carpet, it was filthy, we kept our flip flops on, and that was ok. Room came with mini fridge, microwave and nice toiletries. Cons: Carpet filthy, breakfast meager, beds below average for comfort but we survived, and rooms smelled very musty, we bought air freshners from nearby Walgreens and this covered the musty smell. Because I already prepaid for my rooms with hotels.com I could not cancel, but I would rather pay a little more and stay at nicer place.

Room Tip: bring air fresheners and wear your flip flops when in the room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am personally making an effort to review all feedback. I realize that the carpet is an issue in a few of our 160 rooms. This I believe mainly revolves around our previous policy of offering some smoking rooms. We recently (within the last 2 weeks) converted to a fully non-smoking property with designated out door smoking areas. This should take care of cigarette burns on carpet and smokey smell.

We have also decided to start leaving the air conditioning on in guest rooms prior to guest arrival. The temperature will be set at a comfortable temperature and this should help with the humidity. This policy will be slowly phased in, however, if someone has booked a room and would like their AC on prior to arrival, please let us know by calling us at 305-248-4202.

We have also recently changed policies regarding bedding with an initial trial run in a portion of the rooms using double and triple sheeting.

The point is that we hear your feedback and are looking forward to making the appropriate changes. Feel free to contact with any issues. I am currently on site daily at you can reach me by calling 305-248-4202. Felix Camacho, our General Manager, is also available at the same phone number.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not the BEST hotel in Florida, but certainly not the worst. I don't typically splurge in fancy hotels, since-when I'm on vacation-the last thing I want to do is sit in the hotel. I look for value, proximity, and amenities. This place had them all-free parking (AWESOME!), free breakfast (it was ok), and excellent price. From this hotel, we were able to easily get to Key Largo, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach. They also had a really nice pool, that we took advantage of every night of our stay. Fairway Keys wasn't amazing, but it suited my husband and I just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review. Yes, our location and proximity to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park are a big plus. But I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the following:

1. Ample free on-site parking
2. Complimentary continental breakfast
3. Outdoor pool with waterfall
4. Budget friendly price

I do hope you will stay with us again.

Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We knew we would be arriving late, so we just wanted an inexpensive place to stay for a quick 12 hours or so. Everything about this place was great. Clean large rooms including a microwave, free breakfast (although it was pretty crowded) which included bagels and chocolate muffins, a pool, and the price. We were very impressed. My wife and I both recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for this kind review. I recently started to read all reviews personally and was really happy when I came across this one.

We do try to offer the following:
1. Clean rooms
2. Budget friendly pricing
3. Kind and responsive staff
4. Accessible management (both myself and our General Manager Felix Camacho are available)

I am glad you also mentioned our pool with waterfall, complimentary in room refrigerator and microwave, and free continental breakfast.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you stay with us again.

California, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Decent Hotel with pool and free breakfast (very limited). If you book thru their website you can get a discounted double bed room for $55 (not including sale tax and touristic tax). it is a cheaper way to visit the Key West.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We take all feedback seriously.

We are working to expand and improve our continental breakfast. As we speak, the following is offered:

1. Orange or apple juice
2. Blueberry muffins
3. White or wheat toast with butter and mixed fruity jelly
4. Two cereals, usually Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes
5. Bagels with cream cheese
6. Oranges or apples
7. Coffee
8. Milk

Thank you for also mentioning our pool with waterfall. I hope to update this site soon with some beautiful pictures of our pool.

Also, thank you for mentioning our close proximity to the Florida Keys and our budget friendly prices.

I hope you are able to stay with us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Drove up from the Keys on a late Friday night/early Sat at 4am. Gave up finding a place to rest, as we had stopped at numerous places along the way with "No Vacancy". But this Inn had VACANCY lit up, and front desk had just checked someone in. He was cautious at first when he told me $83 incl. tax, but then warmed up and saw my AAA card, asked me if I had AAA and then gave me the discount (which saved me $18)!

We were on 2nd floor, 2nd building from road but we didn't hear any noise. Room was clean but HOT as air conditioning was off...however even with no airflow the room DIDN'T smell bad at all! Beds were comfortable, and nicely presented. 3 pillows on each double bed. Bathroom facilities were clean and taken care of (no moldy tile or grout, newer bathtub, toilet). Has a microwave and refrigerator but I didn't use them. Decent sized TV with lots of channels. Gorgeous, clean looking pool with pretty waterfall.

Didn't eat (or see) their "breakfast" as I was there to sleep just for a few hours. But Burger King is right next door & Starbucks is just down the block (to left, so its easier to walk to than drive to).

Property has security fence around their property, but that is common for all hotels in the area. Considering what I have seen for accommodations in "beach cities", I would consider staying her again.

• Stayed June 2013
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am glad to hear that the front desk staff took the initiative and offered you our AAA membership discount. We are always looking for our staff to go above and beyond and this was a nice example of that.

We recently started testing the feasibility of cooling the guest rooms prior to guest arrival. While we are not yet doing it for all rooms (although that is a goal), you can still email me at fairwayinnflcity@gmail.com and I will make sure that room service leaves the AC on prior to your arrival.

Thank you for mentioning the microwave and refrigerator in each of our 160 rooms. Many guests find these useful.

Too bad you missed our complimentary continental breakfast. We have recently been working on improved our offering and there is still more to come.

Currently we offer the following:

1. A selection of two juices, usually apple and orange
2. White and wheat toast with butter and mixed fruit jelly
3. A selection of two cereals, usually Cornflakes and Frosted Flakes
4. Muffins, either blueberry or chocolate chip
5. Plain bagel with cream cheese
6. Coffee
7. Milk
8. A fruit offering, usually oranges or apples

Thanks for also mentioning the beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall.

I hope you are able to stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to email at the above email address.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florida City
Floridian Hotel
Floridian Hotel
#4 of 16 in Homestead
3.5 of 5 stars 346 reviews

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!