“A pleasant surprise!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Springdale, Arkansas
“A pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We knew we would be arriving late, so we just wanted an inexpensive place to stay for a quick 12 hours or so. Everything about this place was great. Clean large rooms including a microwave, free breakfast (although it was pretty crowded) which included bagels and chocolate muffins, a pool, and the price. We were very impressed. My wife and I both recommend this motel.

• Stayed July 2013
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for this kind review. I recently started to read all reviews personally and was really happy when I came across this one.

We do try to offer the following:
1. Clean rooms
2. Budget friendly pricing
3. Kind and responsive staff
4. Accessible management (both myself and our General Manager Felix Camacho are available)

I am glad you also mentioned our pool with waterfall, complimentary in room refrigerator and microwave, and free continental breakfast.

Again, thank you for your comments. I hope you stay with us again.

Shaun Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
California, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Decent Hotel with pool and free breakfast (very limited). If you book thru their website you can get a discounted double bed room for $55 (not including sale tax and touristic tax). it is a cheaper way to visit the Key West.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. We take all feedback seriously.

We are working to expand and improve our continental breakfast. As we speak, the following is offered:

1. Orange or apple juice
2. Blueberry muffins
3. White or wheat toast with butter and mixed fruity jelly
4. Two cereals, usually Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes
5. Bagels with cream cheese
6. Oranges or apples
7. Coffee
8. Milk

Thank you for also mentioning our pool with waterfall. I hope to update this site soon with some beautiful pictures of our pool.

Also, thank you for mentioning our close proximity to the Florida Keys and our budget friendly prices.

I hope you are able to stay with us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Drove up from the Keys on a late Friday night/early Sat at 4am. Gave up finding a place to rest, as we had stopped at numerous places along the way with "No Vacancy". But this Inn had VACANCY lit up, and front desk had just checked someone in. He was cautious at first when he told me $83 incl. tax, but then warmed up and saw my AAA card, asked me if I had AAA and then gave me the discount (which saved me $18)!

We were on 2nd floor, 2nd building from road but we didn't hear any noise. Room was clean but HOT as air conditioning was off...however even with no airflow the room DIDN'T smell bad at all! Beds were comfortable, and nicely presented. 3 pillows on each double bed. Bathroom facilities were clean and taken care of (no moldy tile or grout, newer bathtub, toilet). Has a microwave and refrigerator but I didn't use them. Decent sized TV with lots of channels. Gorgeous, clean looking pool with pretty waterfall.

Didn't eat (or see) their "breakfast" as I was there to sleep just for a few hours. But Burger King is right next door & Starbucks is just down the block (to left, so its easier to walk to than drive to).

Property has security fence around their property, but that is common for all hotels in the area. Considering what I have seen for accommodations in "beach cities", I would consider staying her again.

• Stayed June 2013
Shaun P, Owner at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us.

I am glad to hear that the front desk staff took the initiative and offered you our AAA membership discount. We are always looking for our staff to go above and beyond and this was a nice example of that.

We recently started testing the feasibility of cooling the guest rooms prior to guest arrival. While we are not yet doing it for all rooms (although that is a goal), you can still email me at fairwayinnflcity@gmail.com and I will make sure that room service leaves the AC on prior to your arrival.

Thank you for mentioning the microwave and refrigerator in each of our 160 rooms. Many guests find these useful.

Too bad you missed our complimentary continental breakfast. We have recently been working on improved our offering and there is still more to come.

Currently we offer the following:

1. A selection of two juices, usually apple and orange
2. White and wheat toast with butter and mixed fruit jelly
3. A selection of two cereals, usually Cornflakes and Frosted Flakes
4. Muffins, either blueberry or chocolate chip
5. Plain bagel with cream cheese
6. Coffee
7. Milk
8. A fruit offering, usually oranges or apples

Thanks for also mentioning the beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall.

I hope you are able to stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to email at the above email address.

Nahunta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had a great experience, I paid $110 for 3 nights over Memorial Day Weekend. Staff was great, room was clean, breakfast was ok, not what I eat but the kids liked it. I am writing a review because I was a lil worried before we booked it just cause of the bad reviews....but I did not have a bad experience at all! We are from Tampa/Atl and when we reserve a room that's cheap we know we are getting a ghetto dirty, bring your own sheets kinda place. We were just wanting to take our kids to the Keys for the first time and spend more money doing and enjoying rather than the actual "stay." We had room 114, right across from the pool, so the kids swam as we made plans and got ready for the day. They went and ate cereal/donuts courtesy of the hotel, lots of other families were there, many kids to play with. The hotel was very busy, but at night in our room we couldn't hear anything, I have recommended Fairway Inn to all our ppl who want a cheap clean trip to the Keys.......cheaper than camping and wayyy more comfortable, and much more cost effective than the 100-200$ rooms in the area. Will definitely stay again!!!

Room Tip: Visitor Center for the Keys and Everglades located in the same parking lot. Walking distance for 5 r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review. I am personally making an effort to review all feedback.

Thank you for mentioning our beautiful outdoor pool with waterfall, complimentary continental breakfast, convenient location near the Florida Keys, and budget friendly prices.

I was particularly happy to hear that you would stay again with us. I look forward to that.

Feel free to contact myself or our General Manager Felix Camacho if we can do anything to make your next stay even better.

Hollywood, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is located right off the Florida turnpike and surrounded by various restaurants.

The lobby, breakfast area and reception desk is an all-in-one area separated by shelving which actually made the space look smaller and cramped. The check-in staff was attentive to my presence and acknowledged my presence right away. Although they were tending to other guests, I was told of the delay and was invited to wait for a few minutes before my turn would come. I appreciated that.

The room was a pleasant fragrance and well kept. I was really impressed so I had to take a few pics. I was also impressed that there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room. I was a little disappointed that the only thing complimentary was facial and body soap. I was expecting the shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap setup but...ok I lived through that let down. I did have to stop by the front desk for extra towels because the room was setup for two people. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. We had a wonderful night's rest so much so that we decided that if we were too worn out from our adventures in the Keys, we would return to the hotel for a second night.

Continental breakfast was served between 7-9:30am. We slept well as I mentioned before so we got to breakfast around 9:15. There was little to be had. Bread was all gone. Only apple juice remained. Pastry buns were all that was left to eat and your choice of 2 dry cereals, coffee and tea. Since my late arrival, I can't say what was or should have been but I think there should have been a little more left for us late snoozers to eat.

I must admit because of the breakfast situation, I gave the rating I did and did not return for a second night's stay. I knew I would be sleeping in for sure and breakfast would be gone. In the future, I most definitely would stay there again for more than one night just knowing that I can use my microwave and refrigerator to save food for the morning or wake early to get a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights as an alternative to more expensive properties in the Keys. For the price in the area it was a decent value, but not someplace I'd choose to stay again. The room was clean, but smelled strongly of smoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Viera, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room is clean and big but they need a renovation on the staff.....The cleaning people and the front office have a very stink attitude. We checked in at 2:30 in the morning and at 11am the same morning they were banging on the door telling us we need to check out, I told them we paid for the day which means we were there only a few hours. Some rude old man comes and bang on the door and tells me he wants us out right now. I have not ever been treated so horribly bad at a hotel and this will definitely be my last visit to this location. THE STAFF IS EXTREMLY.....I MEAN EXTREMLY RUDE!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TJTaylor50, Manager at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your experience with our staff. I want you to know that because of experiences such as yours, I have removed the problem employees and have put everyone on customer service training.

Again I apologize for that staff member and hopefully we can make it up to you in the future.

Management

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!