“It was better than fair” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Rates starting at $59!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Hollywood, Florida
“It was better than fair”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is located right off the Florida turnpike and surrounded by various restaurants.

The lobby, breakfast area and reception desk is an all-in-one area separated by shelving which actually made the space look smaller and cramped. The check-in staff was attentive to my presence and acknowledged my presence right away. Although they were tending to other guests, I was told of the delay and was invited to wait for a few minutes before my turn would come. I appreciated that.

The room was a pleasant fragrance and well kept. I was really impressed so I had to take a few pics. I was also impressed that there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room. I was a little disappointed that the only thing complimentary was facial and body soap. I was expecting the shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap setup but...ok I lived through that let down. I did have to stop by the front desk for extra towels because the room was setup for two people. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. We had a wonderful night's rest so much so that we decided that if we were too worn out from our adventures in the Keys, we would return to the hotel for a second night.

Continental breakfast was served between 7-9:30am. We slept well as I mentioned before so we got to breakfast around 9:15. There was little to be had. Bread was all gone. Only apple juice remained. Pastry buns were all that was left to eat and your choice of 2 dry cereals, coffee and tea. Since my late arrival, I can't say what was or should have been but I think there should have been a little more left for us late snoozers to eat.

I must admit because of the breakfast situation, I gave the rating I did and did not return for a second night's stay. I knew I would be sleeping in for sure and breakfast would be gone. In the future, I most definitely would stay there again for more than one night just knowing that I can use my microwave and refrigerator to save food for the morning or wake early to get a better selection for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Orlando, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed here for a couple nights as an alternative to more expensive properties in the Keys. For the price in the area it was a decent value, but not someplace I'd choose to stay again. The room was clean, but smelled strongly of smoke.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Viera, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room is clean and big but they need a renovation on the staff.....The cleaning people and the front office have a very stink attitude. We checked in at 2:30 in the morning and at 11am the same morning they were banging on the door telling us we need to check out, I told them we paid for the day which means we were there only a few hours. Some rude old man comes and bang on the door and tells me he wants us out right now. I have not ever been treated so horribly bad at a hotel and this will definitely be my last visit to this location. THE STAFF IS EXTREMLY.....I MEAN EXTREMLY RUDE!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TJTaylor50, Manager at Fairway Inn Florida City, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize for your experience with our staff. I want you to know that because of experiences such as yours, I have removed the problem employees and have put everyone on customer service training.

Again I apologize for that staff member and hopefully we can make it up to you in the future.

Management
LMBrobb
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This motel was clean and well priced. We were in Florida to go to a wedding in the Keys, so it was a great location for us. The rooms were reasonably clean (I wouldn't walk around barefoot) and the bathrooms were very clean. One complaint I had was that our neighbors were smoke marijuana and since the rooms have adjoining doors, it was coming into our room. When i called the front desk, he addressed it with our neighbors, but then they started threatening us through the door. It was our last night in the hotel, so we just toughed it out. We didn't feel particularly unsafe, but we did sleep with our door chain on and kept the curtains drawn the entire time we were there, even during the day.

Their wifi did not work. So, if you are counting on being able to do anything important online, plan to go to the starbucks that's close by to do it.

My major gripe was their "continental breakfast" Basically it was vending machine snacks toast, and weak coffee served in a very cramped area in their reception area. There was also milk and some cereal, but if you heard continental and dreamed of muffins and bagels, you'll be sorely disappointed.

We ventured into Homestead (neighboring city) for lunch a couple of times and we found really good, inexpensive food.

I don't know if I would stay there if I wasn't on a REALLY tight budget like we were, but if you are - this place is for you.

Room Tip: I would say rooms in the back of the complex on the top floor are quieter and safer.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We wanted to travel to Miami and the keys on different days and this was a great location between the two. Great value and they offer AAA discounts at the front desk when you check in.
Room was comfortable and equipped for the price.
Front desk was a but slow BUT was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2013
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This motel is very well located if you wish to visit the Everglades. The rooms are spacious and neatly presented. Everything is clean and for the nightly price in the vicinity of US$80, this is a good deal. The breakfast area is small and it gets crowded in there but an appropriate but basic selection of food is offered.
There is WiFi internet but it is very slow... having said that, they don't advertise the motel as having any WiFi.

Highly recommended place to stay at if in the area on a budget

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I arrived at Fairway Inn after midnight and was able to check in through a side window. The room and bathroom were both clean. There are stores nearby to pick up last minute supplies before heading down to Key West. There is a free continental breakfast, though it consists of Honey Buns and Oatmeal Sandwich cookies, toast and OJ. If you need something more, there is a Burger King near by.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Fairway Inn Florida City? Share your experiences!