The hotel is located right off the Florida turnpike and surrounded by various restaurants.
The lobby, breakfast area and reception desk is an all-in-one area separated by shelving which actually made the space look smaller and cramped. The check-in staff was attentive to my presence and acknowledged my presence right away. Although they were tending to other guests, I was told of the delay and was invited to wait for a few minutes before my turn would come. I appreciated that.
The room was a pleasant fragrance and well kept. I was really impressed so I had to take a few pics. I was also impressed that there was a mini refrigerator and microwave in the room. I was a little disappointed that the only thing complimentary was facial and body soap. I was expecting the shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, shower cap setup but...ok I lived through that let down. I did have to stop by the front desk for extra towels because the room was setup for two people. The beds were comfortable and so were the pillows. We had a wonderful night's rest so much so that we decided that if we were too worn out from our adventures in the Keys, we would return to the hotel for a second night.
Continental breakfast was served between 7-9:30am. We slept well as I mentioned before so we got to breakfast around 9:15. There was little to be had. Bread was all gone. Only apple juice remained. Pastry buns were all that was left to eat and your choice of 2 dry cereals, coffee and tea. Since my late arrival, I can't say what was or should have been but I think there should have been a little more left for us late snoozers to eat.
I must admit because of the breakfast situation, I gave the rating I did and did not return for a second night's stay. I knew I would be sleeping in for sure and breakfast would be gone. In the future, I most definitely would stay there again for more than one night just knowing that I can use my microwave and refrigerator to save food for the morning or wake early to get a better selection for breakfast.
- Also Known As:
- Fairway Hotel
- Fairway Hotel Florida City
- Fairway Motel Florida City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fairway Inn is conveniently located at the Gateway to the Florida Keys and Everglades National Park, 5 miles from the Homestead-Miami Speedway and 30 miles from Miami and Miami Beach. All 160 rooms at the Fairway Inn offer a number of amenities including: complimentary high speed wireless internet, complimentary continental breakfast, individually controlled air-conditioning, cable television, outdoor pool with waterfall, microwave, refrigerator, iron/ironing board, and toiletries. The convenient location, budget friendly prices, and numerous amenities make it your lodging destination of choice, whether traveling for leisure or business. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Fairway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.