“Very pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Arlington, Virginia
“Very pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

A classic Italian restaurant with good friendly service. Ambitious menu leaning to Southern Italian but the kitchen produced some first-rate dishes. Unpretentious decor but very homey feel. Comparable to a decent family restaurant in Brooklyn. Quite a find for this part of the world.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Key Largo, Florida
“OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The food was delicious and I enjoyed it very much, but our waitress was very nosy and annoying. She also was pretty rude when we ordered, not be pleasant at all. I would go there again, if we had a different server.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Great service and Alligator...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I was recommended this restaurant by my hotel, and whilst finding it wasn't easy (I'd decided to walk so I could have a couple of drinks with my meal) as there's whole sections of the road with no sidewalk on the approach to the restaurant, it was very much worth the effort.

On entering I was greeted by a delightful lady who showed me to a table and presented me with the leviathan that is the menu, page after page of food, I don't believe I've ever been in a restaurant with such a large menu, and large menus are usually a BAD sign, so my hopes of enjoying my meal were dashed, gladly, I couldn't have been more wrong.

On looking through the menu I noticed there was alligator as a starter and decided to opt for that with the prime rib. The Gator was delicious and I would highly recommend it. The rib was okay, nothing special. To finish up I demolished a white chocolate cheese cake which was gorgeous.

The only thing that really let the place down was the crockery, it all seemed quite old and dated. The wine glass I was first brought was chipped and of the plates I had were similarly chipped.

All in all, I would eat here again quite happily.

Three course meal for one and a bottle of wine came to around $70 with the 10% discount from the hotel.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Islamorada, Florida
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Have been here twice in the last 2 weeks for lunch. Had their soup & salad bar buffet both times and really enjoyed both. The soups were HOT and delicious & the salad bar, small but different & delicious. My husband had the buffet too but indulged in the pizza plus soup. Everything on the buffet is kept warm, or hot or cold, clean & full.

Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Really good italian food. Was a little expensive but was well worth it. There arent many restaurants in this area. The hotel i am staying at right now recommended it. Very good seafood and was very fresh from the keys they said. My wife had the steak that was very good as well. Very large restaurant and friendly staff.

• Visited April 2014