“June 2013” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Humble
“June 2013”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant with good food, very good service at a reasonable price. My wife and I, along with 2 guest enjoyed a nice Italian dinner there. The main dining area is comfortable or there is an outdoor eating area if you prefer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Key West, Florida
“ITALIAN HOSPITALITY!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Sherri was an excellent server. The food was incredible. The hostess made us feel like we were family.Went back a second time in a few eves. Great all the way around,when I get in that area again I WILL BE BACK! They've been around many years and the visitors center told us of this great restuarant. They even do early bird specials(even though we missed it).

Visited June 2013
“Just terrible!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We went here on our Honeymoon. We were told by the people at the Everglades Alligator Farm this place has this best alligator! Well, I don't know if it was a bad day or what? The alligator was terrible! Just down right disgusting. Which was surprising! I got Chicken Parmesan, & you would think being an "ITALIAN" Restaurant it would be amazing! Wrong! It tasted like a frozen cheap box meal. All in all, don't go here. The prices are high & not worth it, we waited almost an hour for the food & the waitress we had ignored us. She was nice but just barely came around.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Cocoa Beach, FL
“Capri Restaurant - a Landmark in Florida City for Over 50 Years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Knowing that we would be in the Florida City area around lunchtime, I looked for a sit down restaurant where we could enjoy a leisurely lunch between sightseeing outings. It was a hot day and we wanted something other than fast food. An advertisement for the Capri Restaurant caught my attention but some online reviews of it were not encouraging. We decided to go anyway since it was so close to our next stop, a famous fresh fruit stand called Robert is Here. We were a party of four adults and this was our first visit to this restaurant.

We are glad that we came. There were plenty of parking spaces available in the front and side parking lots when we arrive around 12 noon on a weekday. We checked out the lunch menu posted outside and each of us found something that we liked. We were all impressed with the restaurant’s front outside entrance - arches with white columns and classy maroon dome awnings. About half of the rest of the front and side is stone with a Spanish tiled roof.

Inside was very restful and upscale. We were greeted warmly by the hostess. A large full bar opposite the front reception desk is separated from the formal dining area by a low brick wall. It looked inviting with five softly lit hanging lighting fixtures and can seat over 20 customers. The hostess showed us to a large table alongside a wall in a corner of the King Richard Main Dining Room, named after founder Richard (Dick) Accursio. The walls in the dining room are a pale color with lovely original works of art. All the tables are covered in white tablecloths and black napkins. A small candle graced the table. We sat in lovely comfortable wood chairs with black leather backs and seats.

After perusing our menus, our server arrived and took our beverage orders. There are 12 items on the Appetizer list, the most unusual is Fried Alligator for $8.99. Salad lovers with want one of their 11 Salad choices.. With 12 dressing choices and extra option additions, you can make your own creation. I saw several different salad orders served and they looked very fresh and appealing. A variety of Wraps, Subs, Minis, Panini and Burgers round out the Lunch Menu. They are served with your choice of soup, salad or French fries. Most entrees range around $9-$10. There are many Pasta choices too numerous to mention here or you can choose your pasta shape and sauce, $8.99. If I am ever in the area again, I would love to taste either their Linguine with Sausage and Broccoli, $9.29 or Lasagna, $9.59. Whole Pizza Pies and Beef choices are priced a bit higher. A quick glance of the Dinner Menu showed that most items are under $20. A few are at Market Price and Broiled Veal Chops and Fruitta Di Mare are over $20. If you still have room for dessert there are over 16 choices on the menu. I would like to try their secret recipe Key Lime Pie or Banana Cream Pie, $4.29.

Carlos, our waiter, then explained the specials and mentioned the lunch buffet for $9.95. One of us decided on the Vegetable Wrap with the Escarole Soup of the Day, $9.59 which he later said both tasted delicious. Three of us decided to take a peek at the buffet offerings. It looked refreshing and appealing so we chose the buffet.

It was divided into two sections - a cold salad bar with around 15 items and a hot entrée section including a choice of soups. White linens over maroon tablecloths covered each section that added a note of elegance to the buffet. A lovely piece of art hug on the wall above the hot buffet completing the warm ambiance. We filled a small plate with a selection of salad choices including tuna salad and Waldorf salad. When we returned to our table there was a basket of delicious warn garlic rolls that were outstanding. We wolfed them down in no time and our server refilled the basket. Then we went back for a slice of pepperoni pizza and a small bowl of Escarole soup that was piping hot and so delicious. We still had room for the hot entrees. I had a small piece of the Chicken Marsala with lots of mushrooms in a hearty gravy, a small serving of the fish entrée with spinach and tomatoes and a small serving of the pasta. We all ate our fill and everyone was satisfied with the meal. The waiter stopped by to refill our beverages and bring us some ice.

We were never rushed and the server was pleasant and accommodating. We had a lovely view from large windows and sliding glass doors to the outside patio area. Although I didn’t go outside, I could see that it has different size wrought iron tables and chairs with umbrellas. Trailing vines overhanging the stone walls, pretty potted plants and decorative iron fencing made the setting very attractive If piped in background Italian music played, you would think that you were in Tuscany. What a lovely setting for a wedding or rehearsal party, I thought.

I later peeked into a more casual Capri Dining Room that was the original dining area. Inside, walls are a warm pale color on the top and darker green on the lower part. Green drapes hang on the windows. Tables are covered with red and white checked cloths and red or white linen napkins. There were wooden chairs and a bar. A plain dark green carpet covers the floor and multiple small chandeliers adorn the ceiling. The ambiance here is casual and cozy. One wall has an cutout into the kitchen. The room was closed but I could almost picture it filled with customers watching a sports game on the big TV or families enjoying pizzas or all-you-can-eat Spaghetti Night. I wished that it was opened so that I could examine the many photos and newspaper clipping on the wall.

Another addition to the original restaurant is the Galley Room, which is used for meetings, seminars, private events and banquets. A concave ceiling and high windows plus a rich deep red carpet, a fireplace and lovely lighting fixtures help create an upscale ambiance. A more intimate venue is the Wine Room for small gatherings. Its rich wood floor, wine cupboards, marble counters plus a sole long table make this a perfect secluded room for groups up to 12 people.

Capri Restaurant is family owned and operated by the Accursio family since 1958. The restaurant prides itself on using only the freshest, best quality ingredients. They use locally grown produce and fish from the Keys. All their beef is Certified Angus Beef. Although this is an Italian restaurant it is known also for pizzas, seafood, bar, wine shop and steaks. I might add that the restrooms were beautiful and clean.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cape Coral
“GROSS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Bad service; bad food. Can't say anymore than that. All around bad experience. Too much money for disgusting food. Dirty forks, my glass had lipstick on it. Funny thing, I didn't have red lipstick on. Stay away.

• Visited April 2013