“Very good but service needs improvement” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse, Pizza & Pasta
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Very good but service needs improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have been eating at the Capri for 40-something years can honestly say I've never had a bad meal. It's one of the few places in the area where you can sit at a table with linen tablecloths and napkins and enjoy a nice meal and decent glass of reasonably priced wine or a cocktail. The food is good to very good with the exception of the lunch buffet which I did not enjoy. However, I am not a fan of buffets in general and this was no better or worse than any past experience. The prime rib, broiled Florida lobster tail and fried shrimp are particular favorites. There are deals throughout the week on food and drinks and there are Early Bird Specials which are good value. The pizza is also delicious. It's available for take out but best eaten right there piping hot from the oven. My only real complaint is about the service. One waitperson in particular is entirely too slow/distracted, is usually overwhelmed by anything more than two tables, then to add insult to injury is oftentimes downright rude. This is the only exception to a fantastic team of servers who are all efficient, polite and professional.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Capri restaurant is by far the best restaurant in Homestead and Florida City. The quality of the food is excellent and it always feels like home. Everyone is professional and friendly and they always have a smile on there faces. It is a must go. And perfect for parties and if you don't fit there you can visit Banyan Tree at Keys Gate it is now operated by the Capri as well. I also heard through the grapevine that new and exciting things will be happening at the Capri in the next few months. I will be there.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“The BEST!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Referred to eat here from the hotel we stayed at! We entered and the staff greeted us right away! The young African young man I guess he is from Haiti and please excuse me if I'm incorrect was our waiter! What an absolute delightful, polite and accomodating waiter. The garlic rolls are to die for. The food was real home cooked Italian food and I am Italian so who better to judge! I ate the King Richard Steak which was a steak smothered in gravy sauce and mushrooms. The Au Gratin potatoes where smothered with cheese and absolutely delicious! My kids ate a pizza and absolutely loved it! I will be back for business in 2 weeks and will definitely come back!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“very pleased. excellent service. great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We are from Minneapolis. This is our second time we have ate here while visiting the Everglades. Service has always been amazing and the food is very good and reasonable. Reminds me of an older supper club. We will be back again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good Italian Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our second visit to Capri. It is a good Italian restaurant. Their service wasn't great. I also observed that they seem to have different levels of service. It appeared that folks at a nearby table were local "somebodies" who got their own private waiter. I found this to be weird when I had trouble getting my order of pasta correct. Also, this place is definitely for the over 40 diner. I saw very few diners under the age of 40.

• Visited February 2013