“Great value. Food is alright. Get the garlic bread. Service is outstanding but the food is slow. I would return” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q

Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q
33505 S Dixie Hwy, Florida City, FL 33034 (Formerly Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q)
(305) 245-8585
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 36 restaurants in Florida City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Family Fare, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Description: Sonny's BBQ offers a variety of barbeque meats, including St. Louis Cut Ribs and Sonny's Signature Baby Backs, Pulled Beef Brisket, Pulled and Sliced Pork, Sliced Turkey, and Chicken, all smoked slowly over a hardwood fire. Today, with 126 restaurants in nine southeastern states, Sonny's BBQ is one of the largest, most popular barbeque chains in the country. Our secret? We cook it up slow and serve it up fast and friendly.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Great value. Food is alright. Get the garlic bread. Service is outstanding but the food is slow. I would return. Table was wobbly. Music is good. The lunch portions are big.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Homestead, Florida
“Great salad bar-Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is great. I had the soup(baked potato) and the salad bar and my hubby had the pulled pork sandwich. Soup wasn't that great, It tasted like it came out of a can. But they have a great salad bar(I like the crab salad). The soup and salad came with cornbread and that was really good, even saw pieces of corn in it. Hubby's sandwich was really good. He loves the sweet sauce.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Disappointing Portions Of BBQ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I had lunch here yesterday: baby back ribs, fries, slaw, garlic bread and of course, the requisite sweet tea. The fries were hot and crispy. The slaw was crunchy fresh. The bread perfectly toasted and garlicky. Service attentive. The only disappointment was the size of the portion of ribs. I ordered from the lunch menu so was not expecting the Fred Flintstone full-size dinner portion which I normally get but this didn't even measure up to half a rack. I got 6 virtually meatless bones which were tasty but in no way came close to satisfying my bbq craving. My companion ordered the pulled pork with cornbread, slaw and baked sweet potato. Again everything was spot on except the portion of meat which was much smaller than I have seen before. Maybe this is how they subsidize the all you can eat? ($9.99 for 6 ribs is rather pricey!) It is for this reason I am reluctantly rating Sonny's as just average.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's Real Pit Bar-B-Q, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
@MissOdd, we are sorry to hear that our portions were not up to standard. Please email us at Social@SonnysBBQ.com so that we can better address the issue. We hope you give us another chance.
Stavanger, Norway
“Plentiful of delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent food, and nice waiters.
We ordered a family plate with several different kinds of meat, incl garlic bread, baked potato, beans and fries

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Porlamar, Venezuela
“All you can eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Unbeatable prices on the all you can eat, close to the Travelodge and Walmart. Cool inside, clean and friendly service.

Visited June 2013