“A great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
Canton, MI
“A great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

The Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Florida City is in a great location! It is perfect for trips to Everglades National Park, Biscayne Bay National Park or the Keys. We stayed here 2 nights and were treated to execelent service from everybody we encountered. The only negative of this hotel was the slow elevator.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stayed here in Setember 09 for work for 1 night. I travel extensively throughout the South Florida area and was EXTREMELY disappointed. The staff was friendly and nice at check-in, but apparently they were experiencing computer problems. I had requested an upper level room and they wanted to put me on the first floor. The room was clean, but the furniture was old and outdated. The door to my room would not shut properly and had to be slammed to secure the lock. The rooms only had PLUG-IN ethernet... The exercise equipment was acceptable but had old sweat stains all over the equipment. The 2% milk at the breakfast counter was turned around to hide that it was about 5 days beyond expiration. Also, there was no elevator certificate that showed the elevator had been recently inspected by Miami-Dade County, which is required by law. This hotel is poorly operated and next time I will stay at the NEW Hampton Inn on Campbell Drive. OR if you are going to the the Keys, shell out the extra money for a place down there...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express In Florida City, The experience was superb. The property is fairly new and is well maintained. The hotels staff is extremely knowledgeable. The hotel is somewhat difficult to locate using my gps, but once I arrived I was greeted by a young lady named Melissa, she was very kind and appeared to have a bubbly personality that was welcoming which was refreshing for a change. When asked about the area she was able to guide me through with no trouble. The rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. There is a complimentary hot full breakfast with a variety of items to choose from. I do have one complaint. I feel that they should try to replace the eggs. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

Spent a Friday and Saturday night. Hotel might be the last one on the mainland before the Keys begin. Appeared to be the nicest hotel in the Homestead/Florida CIty area as we did drive around the area a bit. Wanted a hotel with interior corridors and this was the only one besides the Extended Stay hotel. There is a new Hampton Inn but it looked to be about a month away from completion. Room was nice, tv got lots of channels, free internet, fridge and microwave. The complimentary breakfast was actually pretty good, nice assortment of hot food, cinammon rolls, bagels, cereal, coffee etc. Pool area was nice, had plenty of lounge chairs and tiki huts at both ends of the patio for shade. Would definitely recommend this place if you were either staying in Homestead or needed a stop off point before heading down into the Keys.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
orlando,fl
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

Unfortunately I find myself needing to write a negative review. This past weekend I had one of my most prized possessions stolen from my friends vehicle in the parking lot of this hotel. We were with a wedding party who was staying at the hotel and minutes before we left for the wedding we brought our belongings down to the car. After running inside for a few last minute things we came back out and left for the wedding. Once we arrived we realized our purses, camera, money and credit cards had all been stolen from the hotel parking lot in broad daylight!!! Our car was parked 3 cars down from the lobby entrance for 10 minutes max!!!! When this hotel was informed about the crime we were told there was video surveillance but that the manager was the only one with access and he would not be coming in until Monday. It was Saturday and we were leaving to go back home the next day. This manager not only refused to come in so the police could view the tapes, he also refused to even speak with us on the phone. We were also turned down for a room for the night when we told them that we no longer had any money and cell phone and needed a place to stay for the night. It is unbelievable that they wouldn't even pay us that courtesy in such a situation!! We are three 24 year old girls, in a strange city and we've just been robbed in broad daylight. I have never been so mistreated in my life. I was violated when my belongings got stolen and then treated inhumanely when I was told by the Holiday Inn and it's manager that it didn't matter.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Scotland, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

On review I noticed the prices for the area tend to be a little higher than the norm obviously due to people looking for a bargain staying outside the keys. Overall happy with the hotel, breakfast was fine. My only point would be that the hotel can be quite noisy in the morning due to its location near a busy highway. I would go back but would request a room on the other side of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Stayed two nights to visit the Everglades. Hotel is very good and is non smoking. Was built around 2007. Room well lit and had good light tight curtains. Noise from adjacent rooms is no more than at any other hotel in our experience. Pool is OK except that the local school bus depot close and there is a stream of yellow noisy buses at school times. Walked to The Captains Table to eat. A basic place but the food is good and eating in the patio area is nice if you ignore the untidy look.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City? Share your experiences!