“Great place centrally located !!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Florida City
San Francisco, California
“Great place centrally located !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

nice, & clean hotel friendly front desk staff !! I was travelling down to largo then everglades & couldnt have picked a better resting location, more then happy if im ever in the area id definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
HIEX M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Alysun H,

I am glad to hear my staff took care of you. Yes, we are the perfect location for visiting both Key Largo and the Everglades.

I hope to see you on your next visit to South Florida.

Brad Forsyth, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I read a few reviews after I had checked In. After reading the last few and staying three days it makes you think they must have typed in the wrong address. I am a traveling salesman who spends many nights on the road. I rate this property on my top places to stay the staff is friendly and the place is up to date and clean. Many more people complain then compliment. I guess some people complain if they hang them with a new rope.

Room Tip: Not in this case but a good tip is to check in early and ask if the have updated rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
HIEX M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear David O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We try very hard to take care of each and every guest. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here. Please come back and stay with us again when you return to sunny South Florida.

Safe Travels!
Kirkland, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Be sure to check the charges on you credit card when you get home! This place tried to double charge me. I had already fully paid through Expedia, but when I got home I found an extra odd charge on my card. I called and they said they had "accidentally" charged 2 nights to me. Yeah right, I don't believe that for a second!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEX M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear John C.,

I truly apologize if we charged your credit card after you already paid Expedia. If this happened I can assure you it was not intentional.

I went back and looked at all 2-day reservations that came through Expedia and Hotwire during the month of February and did not find any that had reversals on personal credit cards due to double charges. I then did the same for the month of March to date, and again found no reversals.

Please contact me directly at the hotel (305-247-3414) so that I can make sure your situation is properly resolved to your satisfaction. I would also like to offer some additional compensation for the inconvenience.

Looking forward to your call, I remain
Most Sincerely Yours,

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Definitely convinietly located i was travelling with a boat load of people and we were greeted at the entrance with a smile the front desk was very helpful in helping us plan our trip to flamingo the young lady knew more then we expected which made it much easier for us to travel without getting lost,we were able to wake up and have a fresh start in the morning breakfast was out promptly and we were on our way to the glades ! Thanks to a very friendly staff we had an amazing stay really comfortable again would recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
HIEX M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear Mindy J.,

Thank you for your review. I am very proud of my staff; they do their best to help each and every guest.

I hope you will stop by and stay with us again in the future.

Hampstead, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were passing through and decided to stay here. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was good. The only problem was a smell in the halls. I think it was cleaning fluid or something. But for the weekend when it was very busy, the price was right.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Carolyn E.,

I apologize for the smell in the hallways. Sometimes my housekeepers may get a little over zealous, they strive to keep the hotel as clean as possible.

I'm happy to hear you liked our pricing. With so many hotels/motels in the South Florida area, we do try to be competitive.

Please come back soon.

Regards,
Cincinnatus, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

The first thing I noted on entering the building was a very strong smell of mildew. Our guest room was the same, even when we turned the air conditioner off. The room was comfortable enough though, breakfast was average, staff was average. This was a rewards night but next time we would use them elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEX M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Carol L,

I apologize about the smell. In this humid part of the country this is a commonplace occurrence and a continuing effort to control. The housekeeping and maintenance personnel have been successful in mitigating this problem by keeping the hotel as clean as possible.

Thanks to our ongoing training program our breakfast and front desk personnel have been getting many complimentary comments from guests, so please stop by the next time you are in Florida City and check out our improvement. We strive very hard to take great care of our Rewards Club members.

Thank you for your valuable input.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at the hotel 1 night as a stop over to Key West. It was clean, comfortable and a great location for getting an early start. We did have an opporutnity to take advantage of the breakfast that was inclued. It was decent. Would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City? Share your experiences!