Review: Not terrible, Not real good, just OK. We have stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels that were more impressive.This hotel is located strategically to the gateway of the Florida Keys, airboat rides and the Everglades National Park which is why we chose it. The property is a little tired with worn carpeting in the corridors and cheesy bright red painted room doors, (who was the decorator that selected those colors??). The room showed no signs of bedbugs, (we always check as these insects do not discriminate), but had a faint odor of air freshener or some other cover-up aroma, that we got accustomed to in less than 90 seconds, (not mildew or anything like that, just a little funky). The bedding was clean while the beds themselves were not totally comfortable that featured a feather bed topper on the mattresses instead of a real pillow top mattress of higher quality like we have often experienced in other similarly priced establishments. The walls are not soundproof as we were able to hear our adjacent neighbors when speaking in anything other than a lowered voice. The room carpet was tired however the bathroom was clean.
Complaints: The desk clerk on duty could polish her communication skills and respond verbally to questions with words instead of a scowl and a head shake. We would have preferred the answer to the question, "does the hotel have a guest laundry facility?" to be "no I am sorry" rather than, a frown and a wordless side to side nod. Later in the same evening we found the front desk to be unattended for over 10 minutes, when we had another question about printing a document from the guest computer center. We were also disappointed that although our reservation was made for 2 adults and 2 teenage children there was not additional chairs furnished in the room besides the desk chair, (are we supposed to be confined to our double queen beds while occupying our room?) The ice maker on the second floor was out of order, and the internet service disconnects from your computer or device every few minutes. One of the reasons that we selected this hotel was due to the free breakfast offer which was appealing so that we could start our day of sightseeing without delay. To our disappointment we found that the main entree selection, (the eggs) were consumed at 8:30 am and not replaced within 10 minutes with a room full of hungry guests waiting patiently. As we had to catch an airboat ride we had a bagel and yogurt and left for our tour of the everglades with stomachs consequently growling by 10:30 am.
Conclusion: Look... we understand that this is not a high end hotel, but we did not pay economy hotel franchise fares either. As we stated in the beginning: it's OK, it just isn't great, don't stay away, this place will get the job done, but you won't be doing cartwheels about your experience either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For fun in the sun and the convenience of local businesses and attractions within minutes of the hotel, we invite you for a fun loving experience at the 100% smoke free Holiday Inn Express Florida City-Gateway to the Keys. Spend less time in traffic and more time doing what you came to do. We are within a few miles from local attractions such as; Homestead-Miami Speedway, Everglades National Park, Turkey Point Power Plant and minutes away from great local restaurants featuring excellent seafood, steaks, authentic Italian and home made Mexican cuisines. Whether you re coming to Florida City for business or just to relax, your room at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City is your personal retreat. Great amenities such as free high speed Internet access, comfortable bedding, and a great new hot breakfast await your arrival. An inviting, fun and caring staff is willing to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable. For a fun relaxing day, play the back 9 at the nearby golf course, visit the alligators in the Everglades, or enjoy some fishing in Biscayne National Park. After a long day take a refreshing dip in our outdoor pool or lounge around and take in the warm inviting sun. Whatever your plans may hold; when you re in South Florida Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Florida City. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Florida City
- Holiday Inn Express Florida City
- Holiday Inn Florida City
- Florida City Holiday Inn