“Good place to see both the Keys and the Everglades” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #6 of 12 hotels in Florida City
Claremont, New Hampshire
“Good place to see both the Keys and the Everglades”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Even though it's not the fanciest HI Express, our room was comfortable. It's about 20 minutes away from the Everglades and Biscayne National Parks. It's also about 30 minutes away from Key Largo. The breakfast is very popular and the staff did a great job of keeping up with some many visitors. I'm glad we stayed here and would consider it again if we are in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

186 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Rucphen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

After our visit to Flamingo(Southern part of Eveglades)we stayed for 1 night in Holiday Inn Express Florida City. Nice hotel with clean rooms and a nice free breakfast. it is an easy drive to Key largo. Friendly staff, nice pool and closely some restaurants for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEX M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Josepha W,

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to be convenient for your travel plans. Whenever you're in the area, I hope you consider to stay with us again.

Regards!
New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Definitely recommended for a quick stay. Coming from New York down to Florida and had to stay somewhere for the night. Beds were very comfortable - didn't want to get up the next day and pretty spacious.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Warsaw, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Have chosen to stay at this hotel due to location close to visit the Everglades. The hotel was average as for Holiday Inn quality you would expect. A/C and fridge were so noisy that you need to switch them off to get a good sleep at night. Stayed there only 2 nights, so not too much time to start complaining, however the hotel I would recommend to budget travellers. The worst thing was the smell of wetness, like they had problems with ventilation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
HIEX M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Hello Elzbieta K,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Everglades National Park. I apologize for the inconvenience of the noise of the fridge and the smell you mentioned that was in the room. We will look into these issues to ensure we don't inconvenience any other guests.

Best regards,
Folkston, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Though the hotel itself wasn't that bad at all, the fact that personnel stole a diamond necklace from my room totally makes up for that. When I spoke with the manager she was rude, unhelpful, and infuriatingly unsympathetic. I hope no one has to experience this hotel in the manner that my family did. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear Kendra D,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Homestead, FL.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Florida City hotels

Muscatine, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is amazing , all what you need . clean quit luxury and relaxing and tide . you can find the things you will admire around and u can add your points to the credit as well worldwide.
Maybe the reception lobby is not that big in some branches but the rooms are nice and you will find yourself don't want to leave.

Room Tip: Go for it guys. On me :D
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night in this hotel. Although I always stay at IHG brand hotels (5-6 different ones in just the past month and a half) and have been a Priority Club Member for almost 8 years, if I had the need to stay in Florida City I would definitely not stay here. I stayed in this location for less than 12 hours, I just needed a good nights sleep before driving home. That I did not get. The bed and pillows are very uncomfortable and seemed quite old. Once I was able to fall asleep, I was woken around 2 a.m. because my headboard was rattling due to the people in the next room having sex. I could clearly hear everything that went on in the room beside me. Once they finally decided to give it a rest, I could hear them snoring as if they were in the same room with me. While it is not the fault of HIE that they people in the next room wanted to enjoy themselves, I do fault them for VERY thin walls....
My toilet also leaked and the halls were dingy and in desperately need of remodeling. While the room itself was fine (except for the thin walls), the refrigerator had to be unplugged because of a constant rattle.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Ourroadtravels,

Thank you for your feedback and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our bed, bathroom condition and the noise during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Florida City? Share your experiences!